Solved

Why is my Gas Smart Meter only sending readings once a month and how can I get this changed?

• 14 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve had my smart meters installed for over a year now and had no issues for the first couple of months. Then all of a sudden the Gas meter stopped sending readings. 
I’ve waited long enough for it to reconnect properly but only ever seems to send a reading once a month on the 26th. 

Electricity meter has been fine and consistent throughout, no missed days. So the communication is there, and clearly the Gas meter can connect to the communications hub but only chooses to do so once a month.

HAN and WAN lights flash every 5 seconds
Uniflo G4SZV-1  - HAN Status: Connected

Ideally I’d like to be able to see my usage figure over this winter.

Any suggestions on what needs to be done to resolve this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 18 October 2021, 11:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there @AdamT !

Sure thing, I think this should be a pretty simple fix. It’s possible that the gas meter simply hasn’t picked up the right config but everything else sounds healthy. The Support Team can definitely attempt to change it to Daily or Half-Hourly mode for you and that should sort things out - it may take a few days for the data to start flowing again afterwards.

Your gas meter should communicate with the Comms Hub roughly every 30 minutes when it wakes up to perform a heartbeat. If there’s a pending SMETS Command which has been queued up to switch the reading settings, it’ll be triggered during that same heartbeat and go from there.

That’s the first solution I can think of and hopefully that should nail it.

Hi @Blastoise186 

I forgot to say in my original post that I did request for the meter readings to be changed to Half Hourly back in Sept. Had confirmation that this was done but no change since. 

I will contact the support team though and see if there is any resolve to this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hi @AdamT,

Sorry to hear that you’re still waiting on a change to your gas smart meter reading schedule. Our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 has already offered tip-top advice in the best steps to get this sorted:

It’s possible that the gas meter simply hasn’t picked up the right config but everything else sounds healthy. The Support Team can definitely attempt to change it to Daily or Half-Hourly mode for you and that should sort things out - it may take a few days for the data to start flowing again afterwards.

It’s worth mentioning that our Support Team will forward the request to change your reading schedule on to our Smart Metering team who are able to get this updated, so this might not be an instant change. If you speak to the Support Team they should be able to advise when you can expect to see the updated reading frequency on your online account.

Do pop back and let us know how you get on - this will be really helpful to others who might be facing similar reading schedule issues in future. :slight_smile: