Solved

Why am I being asked to carry out some checks on my smart meter?

• 21 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Please Help! We’ve just moved into a new home with smart meters which I have no idea how to read! I’ve been looking for somewhere to book an engineer to come out and check them as the chap on the phone said they aren’t getting a signal from them and has basically asked me to jump through a series of hoops that totally baffle me. I can’t see anywhere I can book an engineer, and at this rate I’m even contemplating going back to British Gas! 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 29 June 2022, 17:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Spamula58 !

The name’s 186, Blastoise186. I’m one of the forum volunteers here. Just as a heads up, I don’t work for OVO myself.

Please could you show me some photos of the meters in your next reply? I can definitely help you solve this puzzle!

Userlevel 7

Yep a photo would be great and we’ll be able to advise you, @Spamula58.

In the meantime, look for the make/model of the meter (it will be written on the meter itself) and we might have included a relevant guide for it here: 

Userlevel 7

Any updates on this smart meter issue, @Spamula58?

I’m wondering whether you might need to complete a smart meter health check. In which case the guides below might help:

Hey @Spamula58 !

The name’s 186, Blastoise186. I’m one of the forum volunteers here. Just as a heads up, I don’t work for OVO myself.

Please could you show me some photos of the meters in your next reply? I can definitely help you solve this puzzle!

Hi, so sorry I’m only just replying. It kept saying my email/password was invalid so I couldn’t get back on here lol. So had to start over again. My account is now saying it’s getting my readings but I wondered if it had anything to do with photovoltaic panels. I’ve now heard from SSE about them so am going to deal with that next. Thank you so much for your help but may need it again in the future 😊 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. :)

If you need us again, feel free to stop by.