Solved

Trying to take an opening export readings on my Honeywell SMETS 2 meter and the meter screen is blank - How can I get this resolved so I can apply for the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG)?

• 29 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have been asked for my opening export kw meter reading prior to completing a SEG application with OVO.

After quite the internet trawl I found some instructions on what buttons need pressing (on this forum - thank you guys). Given that nothing is labelled and no instructions left by the installer (OVO).

Pressing the top button should apparently wake the display. On my meter it doesn’t matter what button is pressed nor for how long, the display does not change. The buttons have absolutely no effect. Is this simply a faulty meter? And whom do I need to contact, I struggled to find any relevant information on the main site. Thanks in hope and optimism. Chris 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 29 October 2021, 12:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @Chris Teign and Welcome to the OVO online community,

Great to hear you’re looking to apply for the Smart Export Guarantee. Sounds like you’re having some difficulty taking the initial export reading - as this topic explains you should be able to take this reading by checking the Smart Meter itself (I’m not sure there’s the option to see this on the In-Home Display at the moment, @Blastoise186).

As you mention your meter screen isn’t responding when you press any buttons, this certainly sounds like it could be a faulty meter, in which case our Support Team would be the ones to raise this to. They can get a faulty meter replacement exchanged if we can’t manage to sort it via the usual trouble-shooting.

Don’t forget to pop back with an update - It’s always really helpful to hear how things get worked out for others finding this thread in future who might be having a similar issue.