Solved

I'm a prepayment customer (PAYG), topped up gas this morning but it's still not added to my meter?

• 26 June 2022
  • 8 replies

topped up for gas this morning, still not been added to meter, 3 times this has done this £30 down for no gas

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 27 June 2022, 13:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Denny29 ,

This question is better suited to the Boost Help pages, as the members there are more experienced with these matters than we are over here.

However, you can force the top-ups through by punching the UTRN Codes directly into the meter or IHD. Try that and see if it helps. Otherwise, please contact Boost in the morning.

Thanks for reply, ive done all these already,  appreciated though!

Userlevel 7

Updated on 21/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Did you manage to get through to the Boost Support Team this morning, @Denny29?

I hope the team have managed to get things sorted already. There’s some great advice below which might help get the top-ups added to your meter manually if you’re still in need:

Do I have a SMETS1 or SMETS2 meter? How can I tell the difference?

A SMETS1 meter has a meter keypad with numbers, and a red and blue A and B button. 

If you have a SMETS2 smart meter, it’ll just have the 2 red and blue buttons, but no keypad. 

Why isn’t my top up showing on my meter or IHD?

It’s normal for smart meters to lose signal from time to time, just like mobile phones. This means it might take longer than usual for your top-up to show up as energy credit. It shouldn’t take more than an hour to see your top-ups on your meter, but you can always add them manually too. Read on for more info. 

How do I top up my SMETS1 meters manually?

After making a payment, it takes up to 30 minutes (for electricity) and 60 minutes (for gas) for the money to show on your meter. If it doesn’t, you can give it a little push.

For this, you’ll need the 20-digit code on your PayPoint receipt. This is why it’s always best to keep your receipts safe.

• Press on your gas or electricity meter

• Enter the code from your receipt

• Tap B to confirm and it’s all done!

If you top up online or via your app, PayPoint will either email them to you or send them via text.

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on, so make sure all gas appliances are off before trying to reconnect. If the meter has disconnected, you can reconnect it by pressing AAB (SMETS1) or holding and B at the same time (SMETS2).

Why isn’t my top up showing on my SMETS2 meter or IHD?

Smart meters can stop communicating with us for a number of reasons. If your top-up hasn't appeared on your meter, follow the instructions below to add your credit manually.. 

How do I top up my SMETS2 meters manually?

There are 2 ways:

1. Using your IHD – this is the easiest and fastest way:

• Tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen

• Press Top-Up

• Choose the fuel you want to top up

• Press OK

• Enter your PayPoint code

• Tap OK

• The IHD will then confirm that your money has been added to your meter

2. Using your meter

For electricity:

• Press A on your meter until you see Enter Top Up Code

• Press and hold A to begin typing 

• Enter your code using the A and B buttons to navigate through the digits

• Press and hold B when complete

• The meter will show you one of these messages: Top Up accepted or Invalid

• Press A to continue

For gas:

• Press C on your gas meter to enter the menu

• Using and B, scroll to Prepayment and press C

• Tap A and B until you see New Payment

• Press to select it

• Use A and B to enter your code

• Tap C again

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on. If the meter has disconnected, you should be asked to press any button following a top-up to trigger a reconnection.

got sorted this morning, cant be done through IHD has to be the actual meter.

thanks everyone

Hi guys

my housemate and I use a smart electricity

meter and usually top up on the App. However we’ve topped up £70 and its still

not reached our meter

and help or advice will be appriciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’ll find a UTRN Code in the app and on the receipt. Use that to force the top-up through

Type it in on the meter itself cos thats off too, perhaps I change the batteries as it shoild have its own power source

Thank You Blastoise its working now!!