Solved

Will my switch to OVO continue now I've paid my security deposit?

Hi I’ve been trying to switch for last 2 months . They send me a letter on 16 of may and they told to pay a deposit of £250 and I did pay them £350 just to show them I’m serious about it. Basically they told soon as I pay the deposit they will do the switch in 14 days. I’ve been waiting for 1 month and a half since I pay the money and I haven’t had anything from them not even a single respond. I don’t know what to and to who to talk to. Please can you give me an advice. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 4 July 2022, 12:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 13/09/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @Kreshnik and welcome to the OVO online community,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had when applying to switch to us. It sounds like you’ve been required to pay a deposit in order for us to continue with your switch request. We’ve outlined the process for making this deposit payment below:

How to pay your deposit 

Your personal deposit amount is based on your estimated annual energy use, your Direct Debit amount and affordability information from credit reference agencies. Your deposit will be held separately to your OVO account, and should be sent to our bank account:

Bank Account Number: 83683249

Sort code: 20-00-00

Please use your OVO account number as a payment reference.

Once you’ve made your deposit, we’ll send you a welcome pack within 3 days of confirming your switch. If you don’t want to continue, there’s nothing you need to do – we’ll automatically cancel your switch in 14 days’ time. 

If you made the requested payment within 14 days of receiving this deposit request but are yet to receive your welcome pack we’d recommend checking in with our Support Team who can double-check your switch is still on track.

I hope this helps get things sorted.

Hi all so today I got my new house but sadly I can't get ovo as I failed the credit check yet I have ovo at my current address direct debit I'm absolutely fuming with ovo and they wanted a 250 up front fee so iv chosen octopus engry shame on u ovo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That £250 upfront sounds like a Security Deposit. If you’d have paid it and established 12 months of good payment history, OVO would have probably released it back to you and it wouldn’t have been used for anything in the meantime. Alternatively, if you left within that time (or anytime really) and had a good payment history, it’d have been automatically released immediately back to you once the Final Bill was paid off.

Unfortunately I don't have that kinda money iv got a new supplier now its just a shame really is there any way to change that with ovo ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You'd need to talk to Experian about why you may have failed a credit check. OVO won't be able to tell you