Solved

SSE to OVO - How can I get my new IHD 7 paired to my smart meters?

• 4 July 2022
  • 6 replies

So I was sent a new IHD as my old SSE one had died, I received a IHD7, when I called in to activate it I was asked for the GUID and told to wait 24 hours, is that correct? I have a smets 2 meter and I didnt have to wait that long with SSE but I may be wrong it was ages ago. Any help that I have to do nothing (no bars showing for the IHD) I take it they appear when the meter gets the GUID and talks to the IHD? I just want to make sure this has been done properly. Thanks for any info you can offer.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 July 2022, 13:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Killhippie !

I can help you to check that. If you go into the menus for the IHD7, does it have any options to Join Network still by any chance?

Hi @Blastoise186
Yes it does, should I be pressing that? I only activated it this morning with OVO so I may be very premature in asking this anyway, its just different from the the process  I went through with the GEO I had before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, in that case it’s not yet set up and you’ll need to do the process again. Feel free to use Web Chat here (it’s the giant green Message Us button!) so that you can pass this thread to the agent, since it may help to avoid further confusion.

1. Contact the Support Team (tell the chat bot “Pair IHD” and then answer yes to both questions and it’ll put you through)
  2. Once you’re through, ask the agent to pair a new OVO supplied IHD to your Home Area Network
  3. Provide the GUID from the bottom of the device and ask for it to be authorised to join the Home Area Network
  4. Get the agent to put the meters into Search Mode - you’ll have one hour to complete the next steps otherwise you’ll have to retry
  5. Once you get confirmation of Search Mode being activated, place the IHD near to the electric meter
  6. Go into the menu of the IHD7 and find Join Network
  7. Tap this option and confirm that you want to start searching
  8. If successful, the IHD will join the HAN, reboot and start showing data within five minutes

Any trouble, give us a shout back here! Feel free to share this thread with the Support Team too. :)

@Blastoise186 
Sadly they cant seem to pair the device (which only stays in pairing mode a short time anyway) also they seem not to have a smart meter team they can call any more so I am stuck with no IHD. I have gone though the process I have pressed join network and nothing happens and they don’t know why. Not greatly impressed by my first week with OVO. 😠

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear about the issues pairing the device, @Killhippie. The Support team that you reached out to have access to the systems needed to pair the device, so if they’ve not been able to, it sounds like there might be an issue involved. 

If that’s what happened, the person you spoke to should raise a ‘case’ to this smart team that you mention, so they can look into it behind the scenes. Hopefully that was done yesterday. If you have any doubts, it might be worth popping over to online chat to ask them to make sure a case was raised. You can even link them to this topic to save you having to hang around and explain anything. 

Sorry to hear about the issues pairing the device, @Killhippie. The Support team that you reached out to have access to the systems needed to pair the device, so if they’ve not been able to, it sounds like there might be an issue involved. 

If that’s what happened, the person you spoke to should raise a ‘case’ to this smart team that you mention, so they can look into it behind the scenes. Hopefully that was done yesterday. If you have any doubts, it might be worth popping over to online chat to ask them to make sure a case was raised. You can even link them to this topic to save you having to hang around and explain anything. 

@Tim_OVO I managed to get it connected this afternoon, the old SSE IHD was still attached and now thats been deleted the new IHD has connected instantly, thanks all your help and also thanks to @Blastoise186 for guiding me in the right direction too, its most appreciated