Smart meters, not worth the pain?

Show first post

107 replies

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear about this experience, @kelvin1950. If a complaint is escalated to the Complaints team, then it’s dealt with by one dedicated complaint handler until resolved. Our front line Customer Services team will try their best to resolve any issues before escalating, so this would be picked up by the agent that picks up your call or email. 

If you’d like us to look into anything for you, please send us a message on Facebook with your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Hi @Transparent

thanks for your posting. — this offers a little hope I guess.

i know for my part there is no active engagement behind the scenes from Ovo with my issues. I have been told they will passively monitor what happens. That’s why I find the whole ‘wait 3 months and see’ response so unhelpful.

Intrigued about out your private forum area... how does one get in ? (I’m guessing the answer is —- one doesn’t 😋 ) !!

andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @Andrewmk - The Private areas on the Forum are a feature intended to be used for pooling ideas, but without the risk of 3rd parties taking those ideas and turning them into products.

To date only two private areas have been set up. But we'd like to see other departments in OVO embrace the opportunity for discussions on particular aspects of OVO's strategy and product-range before they become public. We've dubbed this concept "Focus Groups", but none currently exist.

That's why I spent 8 minutes this morning trying to persuade Google to let me into a multi-party telephone discussion with OVO staff at their London Offices. Bah!

The advantages of using a Focus Group for such stuff is that information can be fed in (including photos and diagrams) by members who aren't all online simultaneously.

To get into the Superuser group, you have to become a Ninja ‼️

That's the Forum status-badge you see next to our ID when we post submissions.

It's not so much the number of posts you make, but how active you become across a range of Topics arising on the Forum. Your posts thus far are only on this one Topic... hence no badges being offered to you yet!

However, if you branched wider into related Topics about SMETS meters like this one here, then the Moderators will notice. They may then alert you if someone else asks a relevant question on yet another Topic so that you can chip in and help.

Since your observations above are mostly accurate, and somewhat humourous, you should definitely spread your skills wider on the Forum. You'll fit in just fine 👍🏼

Don't worry too much about making mistakes... there are others here who can correct stuff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good point @kelvin1950 … and I too would like to know the answer once @Nancy_OVO and the other Moderators get their feet back under the desks again.

I also note that you asked that question on Christmas Day. However “dedicated” a complaints handler you may have been assigned, I doubt that they’re dedicated enough to be picking this up! :wink:

Personally I’ve found that the best responses I’ve received from Customer Services have been when the query gets assigned to the correct team rather than a Complaints Handler. A handler may not appreciate the technicalities of the original question, whereas the Team Members dedicated to that subject certainly will.

The SMETS2 Meter Team is a case in point.

Userlevel 7

Who escalates? How do I escalate? 

Thanks for the feedback - we have a complaint process that attempts to sort out issues efficiently. With the tricky or complex problems being escalated to the Complaint team. It’s explained here

This is the process guidelines in black and white. As you might imagine there’s a lot of grey in reality. But rest assured we will all do our best to help sort out issues as best we can, and have this process in place to support our members when they are not happy or want something sorted. 

Who escalates? How do I escalate? 

Thanks for the feedback - we have a complaint process that attempts to sort out issues efficiently. With the tricky or complex problems being escalated to the Complaint team. It’s explained here

This is the process guidelines in black and white. As you might imagine there’s a lot of grey in reality. But rest assured we will all do our best to help sort out issues as best we can, and have this process in place to support our members when they are not happy or want something sorted. 

Thanks for the suggestion @Tim_OVO I’ve tried the online form, email, and telephone. I haven’t tried writing you a letter yet, do you think that might help? I’ve also tried emailing your CEO, he doesn’t have anyone in his office who interfaces with mere customers.

Bear in mind, this is not something that has only happened in the last few weeks. This sorry saga commenced back in April 2019.

You’re not getting readings from me, so the app and website suggest. I have an IHD that has no info on the screen. At least we’re both getting the same information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
It may not yet be apparent @Andrewmk, but the idea is that us customers should be generating most of the Forum content. It's not where OVO themselves make announcements, nor where customers should be posting complaints.

It's very much up to "us" what we want to discuss here... and there's even a section for stuff that's not energy-related!

You won't get flame wars here because there's a 7-strong Moderator Team, with one of them specifically assigned as "Mod of the Day". Today it's @Nancy_OVO and if there's the slightest glimmer of flame, she'll be brandishing her water-pistol. 😮

No, I'm not yet posting anything more about the possible cause of SMETS2 electricity meter failures. I'm in communication with the relevant OVO engineer, Ben, and I'm discussing it with other technical contacts in the energy industry.