Solved

My Smart Meter didn't submit a reading yesterday!

I am on Smart Metre, but the last reading was one day ago, according to my online account! Why?

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 14 March 2023, 13:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @TheCustomer ,

Do you know if you’re set up for Half-Hourly, Daily or Monthly reads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am on Smart Metre, but the last reading was one day ago, according to my online account! Why?

Mine is the same today @TheCustomer . They do have a missed day occasionally but it does tend to catch up soon afterwards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't have any readings for yesterday yet. Sometimes it takes a day for them to make their way to your energy provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Same for me

The Customer is lucky in having a meter reading only one day ago. My last smart meter reading recorded for electricity (I am a dual fuel user) was on November 23rd 2022!

Despite, phone calls and WhatsApp chats where the issue was promised to be sorted no later than 11th March the case has not yet been resolved. I also submitted a complaint by email to which I received an automated reply saying that I would be contacted in 5 to 8 working days. You will not be surprised to hear that I am still waiting for that reply.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I do next?

The Customer is lucky in having a meter reading only one day ago. My last smart meter reading recorded for electricity (I am a dual fuel user) was on November 23rd 2022!

Despite, phone calls and WhatsApp chats where the issue was promised to be sorted no later than 11th March the case has not yet been resolved. I also submitted a complaint by email to which I received an automated reply saying that I would be contacted in 5 to 8 working days. You will not be surprised to hear that I am still waiting for that reply.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I do next?

I had a similar issue In October of last year. Have Ovo confirmed they are receiving the readings? The readings from my meter were going into the wrong folder (can’t remember the exact phrase). I Kept on messaging through WhatsApp every two weeks and it eventually got resolved after it was initially referred to the wrong department.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mine is the same today @TheCustomer . They do have a missed day occasionally but it does tend to catch up soon afterwards

My readings for yesterday have just appeared 

I will report this anomaly to OFGEM. According to OVO’s marketing slogan, a  Smart Meter is supposed to give real time meter reading every 30 minutes or so depending on your choice. There is nothing in the marketing message about a Smart Meter missing to take readings for months, leave alone one day.  That is also why OVO advises customers on Smart Meter not to send their meter readings physically.  In fact there is no online option for sending a meter reading 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I will report this anomaly to OFGEM. According to OVO’s marketing slogan, a  Smart Meter is supposed to give real time meter reading every 30 minutes or so depending on your choice. There is nothing in the marketing message about a Smart Meter missing to take readings for months, leave alone one day.  That is also why OVO advises customers on Smart Meter not to send their meter readings physically.  In fact there is no online option for sending a meter reading 

You mean like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

From the app not the website there is always a button even if the meter readings are up to date as mine are now having caught up again. The button isn't normally on the website unless ovo needs you to enter a reading. 

There  can be days when meter readings are delayed for one or more people with all suppliers for a variety of reasons. You don't normally need to enter manual reading with a smart meter unless OVO ask you to. The meter readings usually start again automatically. 

OFGEM don't deal with Individual cases, if you want to complain you need to follow the complaint process and then go to the Energy Ombudsman. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback