Solved

I'm on Better Smart plan and keep getting reminders to book an appointment, but never any available engineers in my area?

• 4 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I keep on getting reminded to book my smart meter appointment within 3 months- but there are never any available in my area.

How do I get an appointment??

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 5 November 2020, 11:22

Updated on 08/03/21: Not got an S2 smart meter yet? Here’s the smart meter booking platform. You will need your account number, which you can confirm on your online account. These appointments are subject to available engineers. 

Hi @isujosh and thanks for posting!

It sounds like you’re on the Better Smart plan, which requires you to have a smart meter appointment fitted within the first 3 months of the plan. 

It sounds like we might have high interest in smart meters in the area you live in. Here’s the smart meter booking platform. You will need your account number, which you can confirm on your online account, which you can also use to book in the appointment if there’s engineers in your area. 

If engineer coverage is the reason you can’t get that appointment, this is outside your control and your plan prices won’t be effected. Just keep checking that schedule, and if you’re in any doubt if you’re filling in the booking platform form correctly, give us a call to check our schedules: 0330 303 5063

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 08/03/21: Not got an S2 smart meter yet? Here’s the smart meter booking platform. You will need your account number, which you can confirm on your online account. These appointments are subject to available engineers. 

Hi @isujosh and thanks for posting!

It sounds like you’re on the Better Smart plan, which requires you to have a smart meter appointment fitted within the first 3 months of the plan. 

It sounds like we might have high interest in smart meters in the area you live in. Here’s the smart meter booking platform. You will need your account number, which you can confirm on your online account, which you can also use to book in the appointment if there’s engineers in your area. 

If engineer coverage is the reason you can’t get that appointment, this is outside your control and your plan prices won’t be effected. Just keep checking that schedule, and if you’re in any doubt if you’re filling in the booking platform form correctly, give us a call to check our schedules: 0330 303 5063

Userlevel 7

Can you send over a screenshot of what you see when you try and book in an appointment, @isujosh ?

I have filled in the form from the link OVO sent to my email a dozen times and each time I was told that there was high demand and no engineer / booking slots were available. Now the link doesn’t even work at all.

I also filled out another form asking OVO to email me when an engineer slot becomes available so as long as it doesn’t affect my energy tariff, then I can wait.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @isujosh ,

That doesn’t sound good at all. If the link isn’t working, could you try again using this one?

It should ask you to login to your account and then go from there. I hope that works.

If you’re still stuck, please reply back here again.