Solved

I have a smart meter for my electric supply, can I add one for my for gas meter?

• 9 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a smart meter for my electric supply, can I add one for my for gas meter?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 10 March 2021, 12:46

The supplier made a mistake when booking the engineer to do the work and he fitted only the electric smart meter instead of the two required.

Gotcha! In that case @Arkon , you should be able to try again and book another appointment to upgrade the gas meter only. If you let the Support Team know, they should be able to set this up.

If you also let the agent know you’ve had a chat with me and Tim here on the forums and provide a link to this thread, that should help to speed things up as well.

Let us know how you get on! We’ll be here if you get stuck.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Howdy @Arkon !

Sorry for the wait. The goblins that power the spam filter inSided uses escaped from the office and decided to cause a whole bunch of pranks. We’ve had inSided replace them with much more reliable gnomes instead, so hopefully that should fix the trouble. I’ve also had @Tim_OVO release your question from the moderation queue and we think we’ve caught up. Sorry for the trouble!

For the most part, it should be possible to get the gas meter upgraded, but you’ll probably need to have a chat with the Support Team to arrange the upgrade as the self-service tool might not pick up on this.

Depending on what electricity meter you have, it too might need to be switched out, but there’s no charge if that’s the case.

If you need any help or run into any trouble, feel free to give us a shout. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7

Yep I agree, it should be possible to have a gas only appointment booked in, @Arkon. But it does depend. 

For example, why was a gas smart meter not fitted when the electricity smart meter was? This rings an alarm bell. A photo of the meter and its meter box would help a lot! I want to rule out one of these:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your answer.

The supplier made a mistake when booking the engineer to do the work and he fitted only the electric smart meter instead of the two required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Gotcha! In that case @Arkon , you should be able to try again and book another appointment to upgrade the gas meter only. If you let the Support Team know, they should be able to set this up.

If you also let the agent know you’ve had a chat with me and Tim here on the forums and provide a link to this thread, that should help to speed things up as well.

Let us know how you get on! We’ll be here if you get stuck.

Thank you!!