Solved

How do I get an In-Home Display (IHD) for my Smart meter?

• 25 January 2018
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 6
That's fair enough, @Allan 71, we appreciate the feedback!

I'll pass this onto the Smart team to see if this is something that could be done in the future.

Don't forget, once your smart meter information has been updated on My OVO you'll be able to track smart usage there!
Userlevel 7

As for getting a new IHD though, yep, that’s definitely possible. I guess the previous family may not have realised that the IHD was supposed to remain in the house, though I can understand why they might not have known that given the circumstances. Not to worry, there’s a solution to this problem. OVO’s Support Team can help out with these.

If you let the Support Team know that you need a new IHD because you don’t have one yet, OVO can arrange for a replacement to be sent out free of charge.

Some great advice here from our resident smart meter enthusiast, @Blastoise186.

I notice from a separate thread that you’ve actually got S1 Landis+Gyr meters installed there, @Haz - worth clarifying that we would need to be in communication with your meters in order to get an IHD paired up so I’ve made that extra clear on the Best Answer above. 

If we can’t currently offer you an IHD, all is not lost. Once your meters complete the ‘enrolment and adoption’ process and we re-gain communication we can then send out and pair up the device so worth getting back in touch at this point. :ok_hand:

Since moving last year i dont have an IHD for my property, How can i arramge getting one please x

Userlevel 3

@103059841 

Hi, I’ve moved your question to this topic as it should help answer how you can get a new IHD.

However, @Transparent make’s some great points. So, it might be useful to answer his questions for further advice.

All the best,