Solved

How can I request an emergency appointment on a weekend?

i had an ovo engineer out wednesday to fit a new metre he told me to get a plumber out as he couldn't get the bolt off 

my plumber came today and has done it ready for the new metre but has broken the nipple in the metre so has told me i need an emergency ovo engineer out to check it and fit new metre but there's no one answering the phones how do i speak to someone to get them here for help please 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 16 May 2022, 12:50

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @aleta braia ,

I’m afraid there’s no-one available on the weekends for something like this. Your best bet is to call 0330 303 5063 during office hours Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO

I’m so sorry to hear about the meter issues you had over the weekend, @aleta braia.

A quick mention here that any potential gas leaks or faulty electricity meters leaving you off-supply can be reported to the Gas emergency line or your electricity Distribution Network Operator, if they happen out-of-hours. You can find out these emergency contact details here.

I’m hoping you’ve already managed to get this sorted but our Support Team are on hand if you need more help today. 

If you need to contact the team on a Sunday, our Social team is able to support you. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter from 9am - 5pm. This team is also able to schedule an emergency meter appointment if needed. More info on what to do in an emergency here

i need to complain to your high management about the service you are providing the engineer who came today and the plumber he made me get out on saturday have nothing told me he should have done it himself not let me get a plumber out ??

i have been trying to get help as i'm 58 chronic asthmatic to get my gas on for heating to shower and cook since saturday with a voicemail saying your closed until monday morning it's ridiculous for vulnerable or elderly people to be treated that way 

i took a days holiday for him to do my metre last wednesday and again today plus my hours of being kept waiting on the phone 

the engineer today cannot connect ihd to gas metre due to mpan code not being present on his job data card i want a call back from a manager asap 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m sorry, but a call back can’t be arranged via this forum. Please contact the team on 0330 303 5063.

If you wish to submit a complaint, you can do that via https://ovoenergy.com/feedback 

how ridiculous is this company you officially complain and they can't call you back what a joke 

wheres there customer care ??? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid I’m only a forum volunteer rather than an employee. I cannot access your account or make any changes myself and no-one on this forum is able to take action on your account either.

I have no manager because I don’t work for OVO and I act independently of the company. As mentioned, I’m afraid official complaints cannot be raised here on the forum and you’re best bet is to try either https://help.ovoenergy.com or https://ovoenergy.com/feedback.

To avoid getting stuck in an infinite loop, I will be leaving this thread now. If you wish to complain to the moderators about my conduct, please email forum@ovoenergy.com but please be advised that this email address can only be used for forum related matters.

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear of the experience you had trying to report your meter issues, @aleta braia.

Just to clarify, whilst this forum offers a great place to ask advice from fellow OVO customers, it’s not the best place to raise or escalate account-specific complaints.

As outlined in our Complaints process, if you’ve been in touch with the Support Team, they should be able to log this complaint and escalate it to our dedicated complaints team if we’re not able to get things resolved. You should then expect to hear back from the Complaints team directly.

I hope the team are able to get things sorted quickly for you.

So. Our electricity meter failed this morning at 11.30am. Chat online with Ovo, told they will get an engineer out by 2.45pm. 

No one turns up.

Chat online at 3.15pm, told could be a bit more than 4 hours so still booked and they will come.

No one turns up.

We've been without power and heating all day. Our fridge food will be ruined and our freezer stuff will be gone if they don't come tomorrow.

It's such a disgrace. I chased because I was worried and I was promised someone would come. 

They all go home at 5pm on Saturday and there's not a number to call on a Sunday!

What do I do to get this fixed?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Easy. Call 105

I tried that. They said because it's the meter they won't/can't do anything.......

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO’s Support Team will be back in the morning, but their Social Media Team is active right now - try those options.

Userlevel 6

Hi @James P 

Sorry to hear about this, did you get back in touch with the Support Team this morning and are you back on supply now?