Solved

Can I switch to OVO and change my smart meter to a standard prepayment meter as my current supplier obtained a warrant and fitted one?

• 24 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Dose anyone know how I can switch to ovo and get them to change my smart meter to a standard prepayment meter as my last provider obtained a warrant and fitted one yesterday in my absence 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 24 November 2020, 18:38

Updated on 08/03/21: As mentioned below, to switch to prepayment with OVO means switching directly to Boost Power

To switch to a credit tariff with OVO, your smart meters will need to be in that setting with your current supplier beforehand. This should be possible remotely if you have a S1 or S2 smart meter. But this is at the discretion of your current supplier. If this change is made, review our plans and get your switch to OVO sorted in minutes, here.

Hi there @Smudgershane , welcome to the forums.

This is actually a pretty complicated question and it’s pretty tricky to give you advice here. If you’re planning to switch to OVO on Pay As You Go, you’ll need to head over to Boost as that’s OVO’s Pay As You Go brand. I can’t really give much advice regarding the warrant as that’s quite complicated unfortunately.

However, if you want to come to OVO on a Pay Monthly or Credit account, that might be possible depending on circumstances. @Tim_OVO can probably advise you there.

In the majority of cases, it’s not really possible to switch back from a smart meter to a traditional meter, however smart meters can be used in both credit and prepayment modes without having to switch the meter out for a new one.

If you’d like any more help, please let us know.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Updated on 08/03/21: As mentioned below, to switch to prepayment with OVO means switching directly to Boost Power

To switch to a credit tariff with OVO, your smart meters will need to be in that setting with your current supplier beforehand. This should be possible remotely if you have a S1 or S2 smart meter. But this is at the discretion of your current supplier. If this change is made, review our plans and get your switch to OVO sorted in minutes, here.

Hi there @Smudgershane , welcome to the forums.

This is actually a pretty complicated question and it’s pretty tricky to give you advice here. If you’re planning to switch to OVO on Pay As You Go, you’ll need to head over to Boost as that’s OVO’s Pay As You Go brand. I can’t really give much advice regarding the warrant as that’s quite complicated unfortunately.

However, if you want to come to OVO on a Pay Monthly or Credit account, that might be possible depending on circumstances. @Tim_OVO can probably advise you there.

In the majority of cases, it’s not really possible to switch back from a smart meter to a traditional meter, however smart meters can be used in both credit and prepayment modes without having to switch the meter out for a new one.

If you’d like any more help, please let us know.

Hi many thanks yes I'll contact Tim , thanks again