Solved

Can I get a SMETS2 smart meter fitted to match my current economy 7 plan, and then change to a single rate after renewal?

• 22 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

Looking to get the SMETs2 smart meter fitted.

I am currently on a Economy 7 contract but looking to move away from this once my 2 year plan ends. If i get the smart meter fitted for economy 7 is the same smart meter version used for non-economy 7 plans or would the smart meter need to be changed again?

icon

Best answer by Jequinlan 23 September 2020, 00:35

@Rach28 It is the same meter type, but would need a configuration change. This can be done remotely, and is free of charge. Just request this to their Support team near the contract start date.

Hope this helps!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Rach28 It is the same meter type, but would need a configuration change. This can be done remotely, and is free of charge. Just request this to their Support team near the contract start date.

Hope this helps!

Thank you John. 

Can the configuration change be done remotely or does it require an engineer to come out? Would there be an additional charge?

Userlevel 7

This can be done remotely, and is free of charge, @Rach28! Just request this to our Support team near the contract start date.

I’ll update @Jequinlan’s comment to confirm this and assign it as a ‘best answer’.