Solved

3 phase Aclara smart meter - How long before I see data on my Chameleon IHD7?

• 4 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Last week I finally had my 3 phase smart meter installed after (I think, 5 failed bookings). 

Its an 'Aclara 3 phase smart meter' along with that we were left a smart display unit 'chameleon IHD7' the display has been powered up and on WiFi for days, still doesn't display any data.

Any tips? 

I've checked the obvious, the device is sitting on my WiFi network fine, I can see it in the device list on my network. 

Do I have to wait for OVO accounts to do something?

I've just checked the OVO app, and noticed since the single phase meter was removed there have been no readings sent. 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 July 2022, 12:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Daiash !

It can take at least a week for the national databases to be updated so you might not see anything at all until then. Since you’ve had the meter swapped, it’ll take up to six weeks for everything to fully reconnect properly.

Please could you place the IHD7 next to your meter, power it up and then post photos of what you’re seeing? They help us a lot!

Thanks!

Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Oh wow, that’s a big smart meter! It’s almost like my Raichu mega evolved. XD

Looks to me like the IHD is correctly paired to the Comms Hub, but isn’t able to reach the new electric meter yet. I’d suggest giving it a couple of weeks and if it still doesn’t work, feel free to stop by here again.

Badge +1

Oh wow, that’s a big smart meter! It’s almost like my Raichu mega evolved. XD

Looks to me like the IHD is correctly paired to the Comms Hub, but isn’t able to reach the new electric meter yet. I’d suggest giving it a couple of weeks and if it still doesn’t work, feel free to stop by here again.

🤣 Raichu Mega evolved. 

Yeah it's a big unit, 25mm tails to the isolation unit too. 😂 

Hoping I can squeeze my new Hager 3 phase board in the gap...... 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Bear with me, I’m currently hunting down some other resources. I have a hunch about something and will be back soon!