Solved

Switching with SMETS2 meters, will my meter still work?

• 17 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am on OVO 2 year fixed energy tariff starting from September 2019, unfortunately it is very uncompetitive with many 1 year deals available right now at around £400 more expensive and in general Ovo tariffs are a long way from the best deals at the moment.

OVO installed my smets2 meters last year and I have no desire to leave, but in the absence of an Ovo tariff I could switch to, this is too much money to ignore, even after reducing it by a £60 exit fee.

I like the look of Octopus’s current 1 year offer, all renewable, but before I pull the trigger does anybody have experience of moving from one supplier to another and findign that all was fine in terms of their smets2 smart meter continuing to work?

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 18 February 2020, 12:33

Hey @Mja

Great question, we’re aiming to only install SMETS2 meters going forward, so I’m sure this question will come up again soon, I’ve slightly tweaked your title to help other members find this answer. 

SMETS2 meters are compatible across industry, so switching (it’s a shame to see you’re going) should cause no issue at all!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Mja

Great question, we’re aiming to only install SMETS2 meters going forward, so I’m sure this question will come up again soon, I’ve slightly tweaked your title to help other members find this answer. 

SMETS2 meters are compatible across industry, so switching (it’s a shame to see you’re going) should cause no issue at all!