Solved

Smart meter switching to new supplier - why have they switched me to a single rate?

• 27 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello. i had a smart meter installed by ovo and was billed on day and night rates for the remainder of my contract. When I moved to a new company they started billing me for day and night rates but I can only get a single rate reading from the meter to supply them with.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 29 November 2018, 12:28

Hey @Warrick01 - It's difficult to say what they've done, but we can try to help you work it out. Who have you switched to? If they use the same model of smart meter as us, you probably won't have to get it changed.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Warrick01

I think you will need to get a new smart meter installed from your new supplier in order to get efficient smart meter readings.
My new company has continued billing me for day and night and won't accept my single meter reads I try to give them? When I switched did my meter just get updated to single rate? If so I assume you just add the day and night rate together to get the single rate meter read?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @Warrick01 - It's difficult to say what they've done, but we can try to help you work it out. Who have you switched to? If they use the same model of smart meter as us, you probably won't have to get it changed.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Have you managed to get this sorted @Warrick01 ?