Pinned Solved

Returning customer with OVO Smart Meters - will they work?

• 4 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
I was an OVO customer a couple of years ago and they installed my smart meters. I then switched away to other suppliers. I am now in the process of switching back to OVO. Will my smart meters now work again for automated meter readings as other suppliers could not use them.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 6 February 2018, 18:20

Hey @Abreaders,

@VinceMarsters is spot on, we should be able to connect to your meters straight away and feed the data into your bills and onto your online account.

In terms of the IHD, we can amend the information on it if you get in touch with us. Just drop us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy

**Updated 23/07/2019**
View original

9 replies

@Abreaders I did exactly the same as you and moved back into OVO at the start of October 17. I just let OVO customer services know that I already had one of their old smart meters and my smart meter was working from day 1 for automated readings and the enhanced stats in My OVO.
They haven't managed to get the right info into the IHD though so it still thinks I am on the Standard Variable tariff. Means all the estimated figures on the IHD are wrong, but My OVO gives the correct information.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for that. I will let them know.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Abreaders,

@VinceMarsters is spot on, we should be able to connect to your meters straight away and feed the data into your bills and onto your online account.

In terms of the IHD, we can amend the information on it if you get in touch with us. Just drop us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy

**Updated 23/07/2019**
I switched from Ovo to Scottish Power last year for a better deal, but regretted it as had all sorts of admin problems, and the Ovo smart meter didn't work with SP.
I'm thinking of switching back to Ovo, despite it being a bit more expensive. Will my original Ovo smart meter start working again?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That will be fine @PMGJo! Looking forward to having you back on board with us. 🆒

Lucy
Did exactly the same. Scottish Power were awful. Customer service was next to useless. Now back with OVO
I have a smart meter installed by OVO, changed supplier but not meter, and now I'm back. Can OVO still read my meter? I've also lost the IHD. Can I get a replacement?
Hi...they should be able to connect to your meters straight away and feed the data into your bills and onto your online account.In terms of the IHD, we can amend the information on it if you get in touch with us. Just drop us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I have a smart meter installed by OVO, changed supplier but not meter, and now I'm back. Can OVO still read my meter? I've also lost the IHD. Can I get a replacement?

Have a look at this thread @jondoh - those meters will still work!