Solved

Does OVO support Consumer Access Devices (CADs) for use with their smart meters?

• 10 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Carbon Cutter*
  • 2 replies
Hi - following OVO's removal of the SMART Gateway can you please offer a list of CAD devices that are approved for retrieval of real time data from my smart meter?
Also please point me at the process for getting an approved unit registered/connected.

There are a few lively threads on these forums but no definitive answer (that I could find) on the white listed CAD devices and connection process.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 10 October 2019, 11:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi - following OVO's removal of the SMART Gateway can you please offer a list of CAD devices that are approved for retrieval of real time data from my smart meter?

That’s a good question @MOF

We are working with Labrador and Hildebrand CAD providers and our Secure smart meter manufacturer, but we’re still ironing out a process for testing and approving devices. This needs to happen to ensure we protect our customers data, and we’re hopeful of making progress by the end of August.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Tim - It's good to know that OVO intend to support these devices. I'm looking forward to being able to access high time resolution measurements for my energy consumption - averaged over 30 mins just isn't good enough if you are trying to monitor boiler operation (or even fridge pumps). I am missing the gateway functionality which despite OVO's struggles was almost perfect for me!

I nearly bought the Hildebrand CAD but wanted to be sure that OVO would support it.
If you need any beta testers to help iron out the bumps then count me in. Please keep us informed with progress on CAD connections!
Userlevel 2
@Tim_OVO any updates on this?
Userlevel 5
He @jewelie - we're chasing up more information about that. We'll let you guys know once we've had a response from the team.
Hi is there any update to this?
Userlevel 7
Good question @mnbf9rca and I have to be honest, I'm not sure. Hopefully @Tim_OVO will be able to chase this up. I know @jewelie was looking for this too along with a few others!!
Userlevel 7

Updated on 07/06/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

We currently offer a free Chameleon IHD6 to view your Smart meter data. You can request this if you haven’t already received one by contacting our Support Team.

We’re not able to recommend any third-party device but if you have a SMETS2 compatible In Home Display (IHD) or Consumer Access Devices (CAD) not provided by us, our Support Team can help connect this to your Smart Meters via the  Home Area Network (HAN), provided the meters are in communication. It’s worth bearing in mind that we can’t help troubleshoot any issues with the device - these should be directed to the device supplier.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!