Solved

Changing back to OVO - will my smart meters work again?

• 25 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi , we were with OVO for a number of years and were generally quite happy , however we were persuaded by a rep from Fisher energy to change to them for our electric supply - big mistake , what we weren't told by Fisher was that our smart meter supplied by OVO wouldn't work and we would have to go back to giving them regular meter readings and we couldn't keep a check on our daily usage easily , since then they keep trying to get us to sign up for a much higher standing order , so we've had it with them , my question is if we go back to OVO will our smart meter and its little satellite unit work as it used to before we switched or are we just swopping one lot of grief for another . thank you
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 26 February 2019, 15:39

Hello @kim mason

Nice to see you joining the best energy supplier around 😎 Ok, I think the best thing to do will be to call OVO up and speak with the helpful staff there who should be able to re-open your account. They will be able to gain your account more easily. If you had smart meters installed by OVO previously, they'll be able to reconnect to them again.

Let us know how you get on 😁
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @kim mason

Nice to see you joining the best energy supplier around 😎 Ok, I think the best thing to do will be to call OVO up and speak with the helpful staff there who should be able to re-open your account. They will be able to gain your account more easily. If you had smart meters installed by OVO previously, they'll be able to reconnect to them again.

Let us know how you get on 😁
ok will do , thanks