1. When the Engineer fitted it on Friday, I assume he gave you readings for the old meter and the PV inverter at that point as a baseline?
2. On the app the usage data is before or after PV generation is taken into account? The daily total of 5.9kwh would seem to be gross usage, but the graph below looks like PV generation is impacting the hourly analysis?? I know the live number on the display is nett.
3. I assume I have second generation meter as was advised on phone when I joined OVO that’s what I would get if I waited till Jan 18, but some of the info on this forum makes me less certain!
Best answer by PeterR1947
1. The engineer should certainly have taken the old meter readings; the PV reading, assuming this is a seperate meter, should make no difference to the smart meter
2. Usage data on the app is the data as supplied by the smart meter i.e. kWh drawn from the grid so after PV generation is taken into account; this is the same as what you read on your In Home Display
3. My smart meter is a Liberty 100, E1S0B1 - if you have that model, it's first generation