Solved

Can anyone help with a question about my smart meter and PVs?

Userlevel 1
A couple of questions about my new smart meter;

1. When the Engineer fitted it on Friday, I assume he gave you readings for the old meter and the PV inverter at that point as a baseline?

2. On the app the usage data is before or after PV generation is taken into account? The daily total of 5.9kwh would seem to be gross usage, but the graph below looks like PV generation is impacting the hourly analysis?? I know the live number on the display is nett.

3. I assume I have second generation meter as was advised on phone when I joined OVO that’s what I would get if I waited till Jan 18, but some of the info on this forum makes me less certain!

Thanks
icon

Best answer by PeterR1947 8 May 2018, 17:21

1. The engineer should certainly have taken the old meter readings; the PV reading, assuming this is a seperate meter, should make no difference to the smart meter

2. Usage data on the app is the data as supplied by the smart meter i.e. kWh drawn from the grid so after PV generation is taken into account; this is the same as what you read on your In Home Display

3. My smart meter is a Liberty 100, E1S0B1 - if you have that model, it's first generation

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
1. The engineer should certainly have taken the old meter readings; the PV reading, assuming this is a seperate meter, should make no difference to the smart meter

2. Usage data on the app is the data as supplied by the smart meter i.e. kWh drawn from the grid so after PV generation is taken into account; this is the same as what you read on your In Home Display

3. My smart meter is a Liberty 100, E1S0B1 - if you have that model, it's first generation
Userlevel 1
Thanks Peter
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Just to add, although the app and IHD history graphs don't show the true extent of your exports, the electricty kwh display on the Pipit 500 IHD (if you've got one of these) will show as a negative number when you're exporting, which can be useful.

Regards, Pete
Userlevel 4
Badge
Athough when you are exporting more than a few hundred kWh, the red LED lights - poor design!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close