Solved

Why has my faulty gas meter not been replaced yet?

The new gas meter you fitted some time ago was faulty and I am still waiting for a new one despite emailing you
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 19 January 2018, 16:56

The new gas meter you fitted some time ago was faulty and I am still waiting for a new one despite emailing you

Hi @MIKEGORDON,

If there's a fault with your gas meter we should be out pretty swiftly to get it replaced. If it's a problem with signal or communication between the smart meters, you'd likely have been placed on a waiting list for an appointment. We'd expect our engineers to get in touch with yout within 6-8 weeks to arrange a date.

If it's gone past this time frame, please get in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter. Send us a PM with your account number, full name and DoB and we can chase it up for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MIKEGORDON,

If there's a fault with your gas meter we should be out pretty swiftly to get it replaced. If it's a problem with signal or communication between the smart meters, you'd likely have been placed on a waiting list for an appointment. We'd expect our engineers to get in touch with yout within 6-8 weeks to arrange a date.

If it's gone past this time frame, please get in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter. Send us a PM with your account number, full name and DoB and we can chase it up for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
The smart meter does not work because when they replaced the actual gas meter outside the house it did not have the facility to see the smart meter indoors
This must be nearly a year ago and I have emailed OVO before about it

*edited by moderator
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
The smart meter does not work because when they replaced the actual gas meter outside the house it did not have the facility to see the smart meter indoors
This must be nearly a year ago and I have emailed OVO before about it

I've had to edit your post to hide those account details, @MIKEGORDON - better to keep this stuff private.

It sounds like the communication between your electricity meter and your gas meter is weak. This means the gas meter will act like the old meter. BUT a signal 'relay' can be plugged into a socket, between the meters, that might help. Send us an email to request this: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
My Gas meter hasn’t worked for months. I asked for someone from Ovo to come and help sort this for me. My meter is in an outhouse not easily accessed by me and it is also on the floor. Surely there must be someone in Ovo who can help?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @raynerhelen,

I've moved your topic over here where you should be able to find the information yuo need!

Thanks,
Nancy
I reported a faulty meter back in May! How long does it take to replace YOUR faulty meter.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @woza0365 - I've moved your comment here where a similar issue has been mentioned before. Check out my 'Best Answer' at the top.

Cheers
I would like my gas meter changed as i believe it is not recording properly . I have a semi buried brown box at the front ofmy house .I do not want smart meters installed as by all accounts theyre not reliable.How do i go about getting my gas meter changed. Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I would like my gas meter changed as i believe it is not recording properly .

Have a read of this thread @Davegreen1955

Loads of info on what to do with a faulty meter - keep us updated!
My Smart Meter failed in May 2018. It took me 4 cancelled engineer visits and one no show to have someone tell me it was faulty. I received an appointment for a new meter to be fitted on April 1st. This has now been cancelled. Am I going to have another series of cancellations before a new meter making it 12 months+
Why do I need a Smart Meter? I can't reach my meters to read them and have no one to do it for me.
My bills have been estimated and way out so I have no idea the true cost of my energy.
What do you suggest?
Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @cynthste,

I've moved your post over here. Sounds like your meter may be faulty. More info on how to get this resolved above.

That said, it's not obligatory to have a smart meter fitted. We can come round and read your traditional meters as part of the services offered on our Priority Services Register.

Thanks