Solved

Why do OVO not have any Economy 7 meters currently?

• 29 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Please don’t believe OVO when they say they can fit an economy 7 smart meter - don’t have any. They haven’t had any since at least July last year (2019) and kept fobbing me off with delivery dates. Then send me an engineer with the wrong meter. After a 3 month wait. Now they want to charge me to send an engineer out with the right meter- I DONT THINK SO.  I’m off to report OVO to the regulator. utter incompetence 

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 30 January 2020, 15:00

Hi @susanmctavish 

I’m sorry to hear about the failed appointment here. It sounds like either the engineer wasn’t informed they needed to bring an Eco7 model, or had limited stock with them on the day. Rest assured we can still install an Eco7 meter for you.

The only reason I can think of that we would be requesting payment for the appointment is if you've asked for a functionality change (single rate to dual rate) on a traditional meter. A smart appointment would be free, regardless of whether it involved a functionality change. 

If you still need help with this, give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB and we can look into this for you.
Thanks

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @susanmctavish 

I’m sorry to hear about the failed appointment here. It sounds like either the engineer wasn’t informed they needed to bring an Eco7 model, or had limited stock with them on the day. Rest assured we can still install an Eco7 meter for you.

The only reason I can think of that we would be requesting payment for the appointment is if you've asked for a functionality change (single rate to dual rate) on a traditional meter. A smart appointment would be free, regardless of whether it involved a functionality change. 

If you still need help with this, give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB and we can look into this for you.
Thanks

It wasn’t a failed appointment. Your customer service rep back in November ordered a meter that doesNt exist (L110). An appointment that I had to wait 3 months for (until January) because ‘she was going out of her way to help me and I live in a rural area’ . This is after waiting from August. Keep being told ‘oh they’ll be in in 3 months’ several times over. 

On Tuesday 28th jan - The engineer showed me the request which quite clearly  said ‘L110’ on it - so I know that he took out the correct meter for the request.. On Wednesday Your agent Neo accuses me of lying about having storage heaters to the agent who booked the appointment back in November and then said he was going to charge me for an economy 7 meter. Which he said on the phone you don’t have - several times over - but now you do have them? What happened? 🤔 I am reluctant to call you up again on some general number to get mucked about again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Sorry about the confusion, @susanmctavish, please reach out to our team on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com  we’ll feed back your experience. As @Nancy_OVO mentioned, we can offer you a Eco7 meter. 

Thanks!