Solved

Why can't my gas meter be exhanged for a smart meter?

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

When OVO fitted my new smart meters on 21 Dec 17 they could not move the gas pipe earth. I had to pay for it to be moved the next day by an electricion. Now they dont seem able to come back so I have one old BG smart gas meter and a new OVO Elec smart meter. Not a happy teddy bear when is OVO going to fit my new smart elec meter. I have rang twice and just keep getting told they do not know.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 1 February 2018, 15:44

Hi @Herdsmangs,

I've changed the title of your post and added some tags so other users can find the same information.

If the issue with your gas pipes has been resolved, we should absolutely be able to come out and swap the gas meter for a smart one. This is, providing we have appointments available in your area and there's nothing else structural/technical preventing us from doing it.

We can check for appointments if you drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Herdsmangs,

I've changed the title of your post and added some tags so other users can find the same information.

If the issue with your gas pipes has been resolved, we should absolutely be able to come out and swap the gas meter for a smart one. This is, providing we have appointments available in your area and there's nothing else structural/technical preventing us from doing it.

We can check for appointments if you drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps,
Nancy