Solved

Why can't I rebook a smart meter install on the website?

• 28 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Having had the smart meter installer around once already. He departed without installing the meter, because it wouldn't work in the current location.

I have since discovered that I can operate a smart meter in "dumb" mode and this is the only way to get E7 set up at our house without paying for an E& meter.

So I go to the smart meter booking page put in my details and I get a confirmed date of 11th February - the date that that the original visit was scheduled for. I have tried clearing cookies but it seems to be permanently on my account. Can some one clear it please?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 28 March 2019, 17:09

It sounds like the original job hasn't been closed on our end, @bluearsefly67, so the website thinks the smart meters have been installed.

The best way to get this sorted is to call or email our Customer Care team. They're available weekdays 8am-6pm on 0330 303 5063 or hello@ovoenergy.com.

That being said, it's unlikely we'll rearrange another appointment. The meter will be installed on a one rate tariff, if we can't communicate with the meter we won't be able to send it a message to change it onto an Economy 7 tariff.

When you call or email the team they'll need to do a few checks to see what your best option is.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
It sounds like the original job hasn't been closed on our end, @bluearsefly67, so the website thinks the smart meters have been installed.

The best way to get this sorted is to call or email our Customer Care team. They're available weekdays 8am-6pm on 0330 303 5063 or hello@ovoenergy.com.

That being said, it's unlikely we'll rearrange another appointment. The meter will be installed on a one rate tariff, if we can't communicate with the meter we won't be able to send it a message to change it onto an Economy 7 tariff.

When you call or email the team they'll need to do a few checks to see what your best option is.
Hi,
I previously booked an appointment to have a smart meter fitted but the appointment was cancelled due to snow. Now when I go in to re-book I get a message saying "It looks like you've still got an appointment" then it says "We weren't able to complete your last appointment and some additional work may be needed before you can book a new one." Can you tell me how/when I'll be able to book a new appointment please?
Cheers
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @totty815, see the above post for help.
I'm trying to book my smart meter appointment in after a failed attempt a while ago, this screen seems to be holding me up though...

I sent an email to the helpdesk who said they had fixed it but I am still seeing this screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sounds like the same advice is needed here @broady - see above for more info.

Would be great if you could come back and let us know what the fix for this was.....?