Solved

My meter is too high for a smart meter - why?

• 31 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Because my meters are 8 feet above the floor i was told i would need 2 persons with a ladder to fit a smart meter, im still waiting for OVO to get back to me when this can be done.
icon

Best answer by Mattj3135 31 May 2017, 22:39

Because my meters are 8 feet above the floor i was told i would need 2 persons with a ladder to fit a smart meter, im still waiting for OVO to get back to me when this can be done.

Hi @Kwizbet09 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

As you've been told you need a joint engineer visit my advice would be to send @Emily_OVO a private message with your full name, address, ovo account number & date of birth, Emily will then be able to look at engineer availability within your area and advise you accordingly as it will need manual intervention from OVO to ensure their contractors send the required staff & equipment.

There is a discussion underway on getting smart meters which you can check out here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/how-do-i-get-a-smart-meter-fitted-353/index1.html

Hope the above helps
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Well @Kwizbet09 you've got the best answer from our forum superuser @Mattj3135 right there! We'll need your details via a PM to chase up this appointment.

I've tweaked this topic to make it more searchable for other uses with the same issue. Hope that's OK.

Cheers,
Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Kwizbet09 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

As you've been told you need a joint engineer visit my advice would be to send @Emily_OVO a private message with your full name, address, ovo account number & date of birth, Emily will then be able to look at engineer availability within your area and advise you accordingly as it will need manual intervention from OVO to ensure their contractors send the required staff & equipment.

There is a discussion underway on getting smart meters which you can check out here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/how-do-i-get-a-smart-meter-fitted-353/index1.html

Hope the above helps