Solved

I don't want a smart meter - how can I get OVO to stop contacting me about them?

• 22 July 2019
  • 2 replies

My Ovo marketing preferences are all set to "no contact".

Today I have received a phone call, SMS and email advertising them.

How do I get removed from this marketing contact list? If I email, I lose my bonus for not contacting Ovo. However, I don't want to be badgered about smart meters.

It is intrusive.

Help
icon

Best answer by Phil_H 22 July 2019, 20:31

Hello

OVO like all energy suppliers are required by law to ensure that they offer a smart meter to all their customers before the end of 2020.

However customers do not have to accept the offer and can refuse a smart meter.

I was offered a smart meter by OVO a couple of years ago and, once I let them know I was not interested they stopped contacting me about them. They are much better than some energy companies who do not want to give up chasing their customers about these meters even though they have made it clear they do not want one.

I would suggest contacting OVO directly to let them know you are not interested and do not wish to be contacted again about smart meters. You will not loose your self service reward for contacting OVO where its something you cannot do on the website.

Quoting @Amy_OVO

"If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward."
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello

OVO like all energy suppliers are required by law to ensure that they offer a smart meter to all their customers before the end of 2020.

However customers do not have to accept the offer and can refuse a smart meter.

I was offered a smart meter by OVO a couple of years ago and, once I let them know I was not interested they stopped contacting me about them. They are much better than some energy companies who do not want to give up chasing their customers about these meters even though they have made it clear they do not want one.

I would suggest contacting OVO directly to let them know you are not interested and do not wish to be contacted again about smart meters. You will not loose your self service reward for contacting OVO where its something you cannot do on the website.

Quoting @Amy_OVO

"If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward."
Brill, thank you