Solved

How do I stop automated messages offering a smart meter?

• 12 August 2019
  • 5 replies

ovo have been phoning me since May at least once a week and leaving automated voicemails offering me a smart meter. I don’t want one and I want the calls to stop. I’ve complained via email 8 times, and keep getting the same assurances it will stop. My latest 2 complaints have just been ignored. It’s getting beyond poor service now. Anyone know how to make it stop?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 12 August 2019, 21:06

Hi @BobbyF

I would contact the Customer Care team to get these calls stopped, details are here:

- Send over a PM via Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ovoenergy/
- A DM via Twitter: @OVOEnergy
- Email us at: hello@ovoenergy.com
- Call us on: 0330 303 5063

I hope this helps
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @BobbyF

I would contact the Customer Care team to get these calls stopped, details are here:

- Send over a PM via Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ovoenergy/
- A DM via Twitter: @OVOEnergy
- Email us at: hello@ovoenergy.com
- Call us on: 0330 303 5063

I hope this helps
Thanks, but not really helpful. Humans answered my emails and assured me the calls would stop.

My emails were clear, and so were the responses. Not sure what difference speaking rather than writing makes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Sorry @BobbyF

Maybe @Tim_OVO @Nancy_OVO @Amy_OVO or @Darran_OVO May be able to assist with this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @BobbyF, and thanks for stepping in and offering some help and advice @ITGeek123 !

@BobbyF hopefully @Tim_OVO will be able to take a look at this today for you. If you've already been in touch with our Care team it should have been flagged in your account that you have requested no contact re Smart Meters.

He'll get back to you later.

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
ITGeek is right, @BobbyF - our Customer Care team can get these calls stopped. It sounds like this wasn't done correctly before. If you'd prefer, drop us a Facebook PM instead of a call or email.

I'll put ITGeek's reply as the best answer for this, as any other user also effected should reach out to us directly as you have.