Solved

How can I cancel my smart meter installation on a weekend?

• 15 December 2019
  • 15 replies

I need to cancel my smart meter installation booking for tomorrow but the online links don’t work either via the booking email that was sent OR via the OVO portal.

OVO phone lines are also shut. Have emailed hello ovo email address hoping that might do the trick.

Any other ways of getting this cancelled given the online links don’t work?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 16 December 2019, 15:27

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 5

Updated on 13/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulty cancelling your upcoming smart meter appointment via your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

This option should be available if requested with at least 24 hours before your scheduled engineers visit, just click the ‘Manage booking’ button on your Homepage.

Exact appearance may vary

Appointment scheduled within the next 24 hours? This will need to be cancelled by the Support Team (and may incur a £30 cancellation fee). Over the weekend you can reach the team via Live chat (Saturdays 9am - 1pm) or Facebook/Twitter (Weekends 9am - 5pm)

Hope this helps get things rescheduled and you’re enjoying the full benefits of going smart soon!

I have a smart meter install booking for monday 9th March, due to some unfortunate circumstances I will not be able to fulfil. I cant get through to ovo via telephone on weekend, is there another way to cancel this on a weekend? I know there are emergency helplines, but this is obviously not of that nature. 

Userlevel 5

Hey @R.keene 

I’ve moved your topic over here, the info you need is above :nerd::point_up_tone3:

Cheers

Need to cancel it. Weekend there’s no phoning, account page has no ‘manage installation’ as other posts suggest. Any ideas?

Sorry it’s under ideas, wouldn’t let me post as a question 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. I’ve asked a moderator to convert this thread for you.

Just curious, but why did you need to cancel the appointment?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Pass and welcome to the OVO online community,

Sorry to hear you’ve had trouble cancelling your smart meter booking. As mentioned in the thread above, you should be able to cancel this yourself via your online account, so I’m sorry to hear this option wasn’t available to you. Have you been in touch with the Support Team to get this re-scheduled yet?

I booked a smart meter fitting for 24th Oct. I have no confirmation email or tab on my account home page with details.  I need to cancel (assuming the booking was actually put in place) but cannot get any support for this on the help page and OVO customer service do not respond.  I don't want to be charged for something I have no means of cancelling.  Can anyone tell.me how yo get through to an actual human who could resolve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It can be frustrating at weekends and when phone lines are busy

OVO bot (webchat) 

Open weekdays between 8am - 6pm, 9am to 1pm on Saturdays.

OVO phone number

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am till 6pm.

You might have some luck over the weekends via the OVO social media team who can access your account. Of course you can't phone them, this would still be a message. You can send OVO a private message via their twitter feed, you would need to give them your name, date of birth, address and account number. They have always responded within a day for me, often quicker.

I definitely wouldn't recommend ever emailing. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @melm,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

You should be able to cancel your appointment through your Online Account. As advised in this similar thread:

You won’t be charged any fee if you cancel with at least 24 hours notice. If you decide to re-book your appointment for another day we have a great guide here:

You should have received an email confirmation of your appointment, so it sounds like there’s a chance your booking didn’t go through. 

Hope this helps. 

As stated on message, there is no facility to cancel via my account(I looked it up on line what the page should look like and so I know the link isn't there). I would like confirmation that there is no booking for *edited by mod* on 24th October but cannot get hold 9f anyone to answer so there is still rhe chance I could get charged if this isn't resolved.  Any suggestions? They don't reply to emails   though certainly bombard my inbox with them

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

As stated on message, there is no facility to cancel via my account(I looked it up on line what the page should look like and so I know the link isn't there). I would like confirmation that there is no booking for *edited by mod*,  DT118LB on 24th October but cannot get hold 9f anyone to answer so there is still rhe chance I could get charged if this isn't resolved.  Any suggestions? They don't reply to emails   though certainly bombard my inbox with them

Did you try this?

Try the OVO social media team who can access your account. Of course you can't phone them, this would still be a message. You can send OVO a private message via their twitter feed, you would need to give them your name, date of birth, address and account number. They have always responded within a day for me, often quicker

Yes I did that 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes I did that 😞

I think you will just have to call and wait to speak to someone to double check there is nothing booked then. 

OVO phone number

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am till 6pm.

Userlevel 7

Hey @melm,

Sorry you are still having issues with this.

Our customer facing channels are really busy at the moment due to the recent announcement of the Energy Price Cap Guarantee and Energy Crisis.

I’d advise contacting our Support Team through web messenger if you are having difficulty getting through over the phone. 

Hope this helps.