Solved

Have you had any problems with a replacement U6 Gas Meter for Smart Meter?

• 28 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello

Has anyone had problems when the smart meter cannot pick up a signal due to its location & needs to be replaced with a U6 meter.  The meter is below ground, awkwardly positioned and the U6 meter will mean we don’t have to lie down on the floor to get manual readings.  Very frustrated that Ovo are not giving any reassurance or follow up to helping us get this issue resolved, which has been going on over 12 months.  Engineer visits through their 3rd party are frequently cancelled with very little notice and communication between them and Ovo poor.

On telephoning today (20mins), discover they now want us to purchase a new meter box because our existing one is damaged & they will reimburse the cost,  then they will do what they can to source a U6 meter and try and get installation arranged.

Frustrating because previous customer service has been very good on other properties, but we are not getting any reassurance that there is any appetite to have this resolved any time soon.

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 30 October 2019, 17:16

Welcome to the forum, @SMHughes, I’ve added some tags and tweaked the title of your topic, this will help other members find this thread!

It sounds like our team have advised you of the next steps and I’m sure will be in touch as soon as there is availability. 

Thanks! 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge

Welcome to the forum, @SMHughes, I’ve added some tags and tweaked the title of your topic, this will help other members find this thread!

It sounds like our team have advised you of the next steps and I’m sure will be in touch as soon as there is availability. 

Thanks!