Solved

Has your smart meter installation been cancelled?

I am just wondering how many others have had new meter installations cancelled? I had a missed call yesterday saying this Friday's cancellation won't happen and a new meter replacement also got cancelled at my previous address. When you book time off work this is not acceptable and think the company who does the installations Lowri Beck need to get their act together!
icon

Best answer by 27 July 2017, 13:05

alanchip wrote:

I am just wondering how many others have had new meter installations cancelled? I had a missed call yesterday saying this Friday's cancellation won't happen and a new meter replacement also got cancelled at my previous address. When you book time off work this is not acceptable and think the company who does the installations Lowri Beck need to get their act together!

I can completely appreciate your frustration @alanchip - there's nothing worse than a wasted day off.

There are a number of reasons why an appointment can be cancelled. Most commonly this will be down to sickness or the engineer being reassigned to cover an emergency appointment. In these situations, them team will try and get someone else out to you. However, if there's no one else operating in your area on the day, they'll need to cancel.

If you'd like me to have a further look into why your appointments were cancelled. Send me a PM with your full name, OVO account number and DoB.

Thanks,
Emily

View original

6 replies

alanchip wrote:

I can completely appreciate your frustration @alanchip - there's nothing worse than a wasted day off.

There are a number of reasons why an appointment can be cancelled. Most commonly this will be down to sickness or the engineer being reassigned to cover an emergency appointment. In these situations, them team will try and get someone else out to you. However, if there's no one else operating in your area on the day, they'll need to cancel.

If you'd like me to have a further look into why your appointments were cancelled. Send me a PM with your full name, OVO account number and DoB.

Thanks,
Emily
p.s. I've added some tags and edited the title of your topic to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks for replying, I think I will sit on making another appointment for a while as it is easy to give reading via the app 😊
No problem @alanchip - the app is pretty handy! If you need anything else, just let me know.
Hi guys,

Just wondering if its common for the smart meter installations to be cancelled? Mine was booked weeks in advance for this morning, and then yesterday i get a text to tell me that theyre not coming and that i need to ring an 0845 nunber to reschedule.
I took a day off work for this, I needed plenty of notice to get the day off and now I'm not even getting the meter I was told about - yet the email I previosuly had was quick to tell me that I'd incur a Β£30 fee if I wasnt home!
Not happy at all.

Thank You.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I've moved your topic over here @Lwood0211 as I'm hoping you'll find the best answer on this topic helpful.

If your appointment was cancelled within 24 hours, it's very likely that you'd be due Β£30 compensation. Contact the team on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy) so the team can help.

Lucy

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings