Solved

Engineer missed smart meter appointment - when will I receive my £30 compensation?

• 21 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I signed up for a new Smart meter and arranged an appointment to have it installed. The engineer failed to turn up and so I telephoned Customer Services to arrange another appointment. The agent went through her script and advised me that if I was not in when the engineer called there would be a £30 charge. I asked if that also applied where the engineer failed to turn up. She checked and said that it did and that she would arrange to credit my account with £30. So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 28 December 2017, 16:10

So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?

So @glatgreasby, usually we'll have 10 working days (after the missed appointment) to double check that the engineer didn't turn up and how much notice was given. If you're owed compensation, we'd add it within those 10 working days.

If this has come and gone and you haven't had the compensation added to your OVO account (check your latest statement to make sure), send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com). You might be owed double! 🆒

Tim
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?

So @glatgreasby, usually we'll have 10 working days (after the missed appointment) to double check that the engineer didn't turn up and how much notice was given. If you're owed compensation, we'd add it within those 10 working days.

If this has come and gone and you haven't had the compensation added to your OVO account (check your latest statement to make sure), send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com). You might be owed double! 🆒

Tim