Solved

Engineer missed smart meter appointment - when will I receive my £30 compensation?

• 21 December 2017
  • 7 replies

I signed up for a new Smart meter and arranged an appointment to have it installed. The engineer failed to turn up and so I telephoned Customer Services to arrange another appointment. The agent went through her script and advised me that if I was not in when the engineer called there would be a £30 charge. I asked if that also applied where the engineer failed to turn up. She checked and said that it did and that she would arrange to credit my account with £30. So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 28 December 2017, 16:10

So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?

So @glatgreasby, usually we'll have 10 working days (after the missed appointment) to double check that the engineer didn't turn up and how much notice was given. If you're owed compensation, we'd add it within those 10 working days.

If this has come and gone and you haven't had the compensation added to your OVO account (check your latest statement to make sure), send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com). You might be owed double! 🆒

Tim
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
So far I have not received the credit. When will it come?

So @glatgreasby, usually we'll have 10 working days (after the missed appointment) to double check that the engineer didn't turn up and how much notice was given. If you're owed compensation, we'd add it within those 10 working days.

If this has come and gone and you haven't had the compensation added to your OVO account (check your latest statement to make sure), send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com). You might be owed double! 🆒

Tim
I have had a booking for today at 2-6pm for a site visit to get my smart meters installed .. had the day off work and they have text me at 2:10pm to say
Hi this is the meter engineer from Siemens. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend your appointment as OVO currently have no stock of smart meters. I will get them to contact you regarding a new appointment. Sorry for this inconvenience ...
This is not acceptable.
Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go ahead, @kt15562. As it was cancelled with less than 24 hours notice you count be entitled to a £30 missed appointment payment from us. We'd be happy to raise this with the team, just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media you can email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you haven't heard from the engineers yet, you can rebook an appointment here.
hi ,i was due an engineer to install smart meters,on 24 july.he did not turn up but,i got a phone call from him at 12pm on wed 24,to say he did not have any.needless to say i am leaving ovo,but have requested the 30pounds compensation from ovo.i have not received anything from ovo.hope my refund which i am in credit goes more smoothly,otherwise legal action will be the only option.
You are entitled to a £30 payment which usually goes into your account this is called a gsos payment
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @eddie227, check out @Tim_OVO's best answer in this thread for more info. @Tufty71 thanks for stepping in here regarding the GSOP payment!

Hope this helps ☺
Thanks for reply Amy,I phoned customer services and they replied that it was investigated and that I was due 30pounds.he informed me it would be added to my account fairly soon.thanks to all replies.