Solved

Ceramic WPD Incomer has delayed my smart meter fitting - can you help?

• 12 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I tried to have a smart meter installed last year, but I was told by the install engineer that he couldn't install my electrical smart meter as I had a ceramic WPD incomer to the house.
He said he would contact them to get it sorted but a year later I have herd nothing, what is the next step?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 13 December 2017, 13:23

I was told by the install engineer that he couldn't install my electrical smart meter as I had a ceramic WPD incomer to the house......what is the next step?

Thanks for getting in touch, @Meurig

Nice specific question here that someone, someday will find very helpful. I've tweaked the title to make it easier to find.

As for this smart meter fitting delay, it sounds like your 'cut out' cover needs updating. This would be the duty of your local Distribution Network Operative (DNO).

What should have happened is:

1) the engineer reports to your DNO that your cut out needs updating,
2) your DNO contacts you within 30 days to book an appointment to replace the cut out cover,
3) you contact us to confirm the work is complete and we book in a smart meter appointment,
4) your meters are exchanged.

So it looks like we've got stuck at stage 2. We'll need to call up the DNO to find out the issue - maybe they've got the wrong contact number etc. Whatever the reason, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and we'll find out!

Tim
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I was told by the install engineer that he couldn't install my electrical smart meter as I had a ceramic WPD incomer to the house......what is the next step?

Thanks for getting in touch, @Meurig

Nice specific question here that someone, someday will find very helpful. I've tweaked the title to make it easier to find.

As for this smart meter fitting delay, it sounds like your 'cut out' cover needs updating. This would be the duty of your local Distribution Network Operative (DNO).

What should have happened is:

1) the engineer reports to your DNO that your cut out needs updating,
2) your DNO contacts you within 30 days to book an appointment to replace the cut out cover,
3) you contact us to confirm the work is complete and we book in a smart meter appointment,
4) your meters are exchanged.

So it looks like we've got stuck at stage 2. We'll need to call up the DNO to find out the issue - maybe they've got the wrong contact number etc. Whatever the reason, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and we'll find out!

Tim
DNO needed to do work on my meter in order to have a smart meter installed.
The work was done on November 13th but they dont seem to have notified Ovo, so I still have no smart meter. Any suggestions please
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @andycornerpost - I've moved your post onto this topic where we've got some information about getting work completed before having a smart meter exchange. Check out the steps in the process @Tim_OVO has listed above.

Hope this helps!