Solved

Can OVO install Smart Meter in groundbox for house being currently renovated?

• 27 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have moved my supply for elec and gas to OVO which is currently going through, this is for a house we have bought which the builders are currently renovating.

We want to get a smart meter fitter ASAP in a groundbox, which I've seen you can sometimes accommodate.

My builder has said:

Please get it in writing from OVO that they will be fitting this in a semi concealed ground box.

Our ground box is National Grid Transco compliant: 478mm w 410 h 315mm d

Can you confirm the likely lead time for the installation and that the above will work.

Many thanks

Patrick
icon

Best answer by Transparent 27 March 2019, 18:05

This isn't a problem @dp6ai

I had SMETS2 meters installed by an OVO engineer on 11th March, including a gas meter in a semi-concealed box.

OVO have their own steel pipework to ensure that the meter-box lid still closes ok. Have a look on this other Topic where I've uploaded photos for you to see.

Whether you can have SMETS2 meters fitted, and the likely timescale, are dependent on your geographical location. Have a look what I wrote about this on the other Topic, and please fill out your Forum profile because that's where I normally look for such info. Thanks.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @dp6ai,

@Transparent is really clued up with these technical details and might be able to assist!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This isn't a problem @dp6ai

I had SMETS2 meters installed by an OVO engineer on 11th March, including a gas meter in a semi-concealed box.

OVO have their own steel pipework to ensure that the meter-box lid still closes ok. Have a look on this other Topic where I've uploaded photos for you to see.

Whether you can have SMETS2 meters fitted, and the likely timescale, are dependent on your geographical location. Have a look what I wrote about this on the other Topic, and please fill out your Forum profile because that's where I normally look for such info. Thanks.