Solved

Can I organise bulk Smart Meter installations for new build properties?

Good Morning,

My development company used to use SSE to install all of the required SMART meters to our new build developments. These are all on going and require smart meters urgently. Can you please advise an individual who I can contact at OVO Energy or Group to discuss. Thank you Ben 

icon

Best answer by Transparent 28 May 2020, 12:27

Hi @Benfidler that’s a good question.

Personally I would email OVO rather than telephone. You’re not going to get the right sort of answer from the staff who ordinarily manage those Customer Service lines. So send a message to hello@ovoenergy.com with the subject “Smart Meters for new-build development”. That can then be forwarded to the relevant person.

There are 5 domestic Energy Suppliers with the licences to install meters into new-build properties. There are also a few independent companies, such as UK Power Solutions who are authorised to install local/distribution-level electricity and gas networks including the meters.

I don’t know whether SSEs licence lapsed when OVO took over their domestic customers, or if their licence was retained by the Commercial division which still exists.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Benfidler 

Best advice I can offer from my knowledge would be for you to call OVO on the following number - 0330 303 5063

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Benfidler that’s a good question.

Personally I would email OVO rather than telephone. You’re not going to get the right sort of answer from the staff who ordinarily manage those Customer Service lines. So send a message to hello@ovoenergy.com with the subject “Smart Meters for new-build development”. That can then be forwarded to the relevant person.

There are 5 domestic Energy Suppliers with the licences to install meters into new-build properties. There are also a few independent companies, such as UK Power Solutions who are authorised to install local/distribution-level electricity and gas networks including the meters.

I don’t know whether SSEs licence lapsed when OVO took over their domestic customers, or if their licence was retained by the Commercial division which still exists.