Solved

Can I have a smart meter please?

I joined OVO in January. The smart meter booking web page refuses to let me log in and book an installation (I’ve tried many times, including today). I’ve emailed OVO many times and the responses are polite, but still no smart meter installation. I get emails threatening to take me off my current tariff unless I submit meter readings online and suggesting I book a smart meter installation ..... Oh how I would love to get a smart meter installed.

Please, please, please sort this out or I’ll be leaving OVO a very unhappy customer in January when my contract expires.
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 4 October 2018, 12:00

Hello @ChrisP101

Sorry to hear you are having no luck booking your Smart meter with OVO. It is normally a very smooth experience. Could I ask if you can try the URL below for booking your smart meter installation. If this fails, I would ask you try using your web browser in incognito as it could be stored cache stopping you from proceeding. You can do this by pressing Ctrl Shift N if you are using Chrome and a Windows Machine. If you are using a Mac it will be Cmd Shift N.

https://smart.ovoenergy.com/credit?utm_source=ovoenergy.com&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=product_page1

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @ChrisP101

Sorry to hear you are having no luck booking your Smart meter with OVO. It is normally a very smooth experience. Could I ask if you can try the URL below for booking your smart meter installation. If this fails, I would ask you try using your web browser in incognito as it could be stored cache stopping you from proceeding. You can do this by pressing Ctrl Shift N if you are using Chrome and a Windows Machine. If you are using a Mac it will be Cmd Shift N.

https://smart.ovoenergy.com/credit?utm_source=ovoenergy.com&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=product_page1
That didn't work, but then I noticed that you've got the wrong postcode against my address .... maybe you should fix your online booking system so that it tells you that the postcode doesn't match the account number?

Using the wrong postcode does work, but unsurprisingly there is high demand in my area and no appointments are available but they will contact me when appointments are available ..... which is the same story as the OVO customer services had over 6 months ago .....
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to help with that but I am sure an OVO staff would be able to assist you with this. @Darran_OVO @Nancy_OVO
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @ChrisP101 - our Customer Services team can indeed look into your postcode mismatch. It might be a discrepancy between either the gas or eelctricity database and the postal address. Give them a ring on 0330 303 5063.

If you don't mind me asking Chris, whereabouts do you live? Is it particularly remote or rural?

Thanks
Spoke to customer services, very nice and polite and they have promised to sort out the postcode problem.

Still no available installation dates in Cheltenham though 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge
That's unfortunate, @ChrisP101 - did you look into appointments whilst on the phone too?
I have been a customer of OVO since September and I am looking to have a smart meter installed. I have looked at the booking page and it states I already have a smart meter ??. I can assure you that I have not. Any ideas
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @gill30v

Is your building relatively new? My house was built in 2015 with a smart meter installed. Could this be the same for you? Maybe the residents before you moved in were also an OVO customer and had the smart meter installed.
House built in 1880's, left edf as they had no plans to install smart meters in my area in the near future, even though they installed one in my daughter's flat which is only 4 streets away.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @gill30v,

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like some sort of website glitch. Maybe one of the Moderators can help: @Tim_OVO, @Darran_OVO, @Lucy_OVO, @Emily_OVO
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @gill30v - I've moved this conversation onto an existing thread we've got about smart meter appointments. You should be able to find the info you need above.

Let us know if you've got any more questions!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings