Solved

How do I delete this Forum account?

• 14 December 2017
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm off to pastures new, how do I delete this forum Account?

regards,
Colin
icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 31 August 2021, 23:57

View original

26 replies

Updated on 20/07/21 by Jess_OVO

Sorry to hear you’re flying the nest but not to worry, we can delete your account which will anonymize all your previous posts and likes. 

If you’re sure you want to go, comment below or send a PM to @Jess_OVO or @Tim_OVO  and we’ll remove your account.

Au revoir. :raising_hand:

I too want to be removed from this forum
Userlevel 7
I too want to be removed from this forum

Done, you won't get a notification about this, but this is a demonstration to anyone else - the user account is now 'Anonymous' 👋
I want to have all of my posts erased from this forum and I want to leave?
Userlevel 7
I want to have all of my posts erased from this forum and I want to leave?

Erased, as per Tim's post, this will now show as anonymous.

Darran

How do I remove myself from this Forum account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Maybe @Tim_OVO  can help with this

Userlevel 7

Hey @Crabbit I saw you only just signed up.  I’d need to delete your account for you if you don’t wish to part of the community?  

If you don’t want to be a member and simply read the comments and news updates etc, you can do so without an account.  

Let me know. 

Darran 

I no longer want to be involved

I'd like to be removed from the forum too if anyone's still reading this please! 

Userlevel 7

I'd like to be removed from the forum too if anyone's still reading this please! 

Done - farewell and take care out there! 

Please delete my forum account.

Userlevel 5

All sorted, it’s sad to see you go!

Please delete my forum account. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Erm, Moderators? @Bradley_OVO ?

What happens to a Member’s posts if you delete the account?

@SilverTree contributed to earlier discussions about the SSR which we need to retain. Otherwise the discussion flow won’t work!

Userlevel 3

Posted on 22 May 2020, 11:31

Please delete my forum account. Thanks!

All done!

@Transparent , all previous comments and topics created by deleted users should still be visible, but instead, will show under the username of ‘Anonymous’.

Luckily, this shouldn't effect any previous threads or topics where useful and interesting information is being discussed and shared.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ll just tag a Moderator for you @Icklefitz - hello @Amy_OVO !!!!  :hugging:

Userlevel 4

Done!

Thanks @Transparent for flagging this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 20/04/22 by Jess_OVO

Hi,

You don’t need to be an OVO Member to use the OVO Forum and you’re welcome to keep your forum account for future use. But if you wish, you can have it deleted. Please contact forum@ovoenergy.com from your registered forum email address and ask for your forum account to be erased. It will be handled from there as soon as possible. I’m afraid your posts probably won’t be deleted as it would be detrimental to the community if that happened. Tim might decide to make an exception, but it’s usually not what happens when a forum account is deleted from any forum. As per the details from inSided, your personal info can be wiped easily though which is compliant with GDPR.

Account deletion is permanent!

Once Tim initiates the Erase User action against your account, he will NOT be able to stop the process. Your account will be disabled and locked out immediately, while the system will begin to remove your account information in the background. This may take up to 30 days to fully complete - but up to 180 days to purge the final traces from the system. Your posts will remain up, but they’ll be attributed to the Anonymous user. You’ll be welcome to sign up again under a new username, but you’ll never be able to claim your existing content in the future.

If you’re absolutely sure that this is what you’d like to do, then Tim will be happy to sort that out. I recommend thinking about it for a day or two first though, just to make sure you’re absolutely certain before sending a request.

Thanks for being with us. We hope to see you again someday.

Please remove me from the power move forum. The comments about using more electricity to get the £20 is doing my head in

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Len Holbeche ,

If you wish to leave just the Power Move Trial group but keep your forum account, you can do that yourself. Use the button in the screenshot below to do so. You can request access again at anytime.

If you want your entire forum account deleted, @Tim_OVO can do that for you, but he’d need your explicit consent to do so.

If possible, please delete all my posts and cancel my forum account. ASAP.

Hope things are easier in the future for both customers and forum moderators/volunteer helpers.

Userlevel 7

Hi @JGANLEY I’ve seen your private message requesting this and have replied to offer the options available. 

For anyone else’s reference, we’re easily able to anonymize a forum profile, removing all details from the profile including the name and picture, email address and profile details. This ensures the profile is shut down without the topics where that person has participated in being filled with holes from comments being removed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

If possible, please delete all my posts and cancel my forum account. ASAP.

Hope things are easier in the future for both customers and forum moderators/volunteer helpers.

Hope all goes well @JGANLEY