Solved

How do I contact OVO about the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme funding?

• 22 June 2021
  • 5 replies

My SSE/Ovo friend is eligible for the ECO3 scheme, but there is nowhere on this site which has contact details (email or phone) to discuss his requirements . Why not?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 22 June 2021, 20:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi there @Glikashel !

Sounds like a good one for the Support Team at OVO or SSE Customer Service, depending on which side your friend is on. I’ve not heard of ECO3 though it sounds similar to Green Deal.

If they’re with OVO, the Support Team can be contacted here.

Or if they’re with SSE, here’s how to reach out to SSE Customer Service.

They’ll get you to the right place from there. I’ll see if @Tim_OVO knows more too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 11/12/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

We’ve created a new ECO and GBIS referral platform!

The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) team have developed a new referral platform to allow both OVO customers and non-customers access to funding from the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) and the Great British Insulation Scheme (GBIS).

What are these schemes?

ECO4 

• A government energy efficiency scheme designed to tackle fuel poverty and help reduce carbon emissions in Great Britain 
  • The scheme offers a full house retrofit for those who qualify and is aimed at those most at risk of fuel poverty
  • Customers will need to be receiving an eligible benefit to apply
  • More info on the scheme here.

Great British Insulation Scheme 

• Currently being developed by the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ) 
  • Aims to deliver energy efficiency upgrades in homes in Great Britain by installing one insulation measure such as Cavity Wall or Loft Insulation to eligible properties
  • Has a much wider reach than ECO4 and up to 80% of Great Britain could qualify, including many of us in the OVO community
  • No requirement to be receiving an eligible benefit for the largest part of this scheme - homes just need to be in the right council tax band and have a low energy efficiency rating
  • More info on the scheme here

How to apply

You can apply via the websites linked above.  

The application forms will cover the initial qualification criteria so you can send them the link to apply directly.  

The government is also about to launch a referral scheme for the GBIS and ECO through the gov.uk website so OVO customers, and non-customers, will be able to refer themselves to OVO via the platform. 

You can get an update on your referral from eco@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We’ve just had cavity wall insulation installed, and found that it has been paid for under the ECO Scheme by SSE (owned by OVO).

The installers were on the estate, and were doing a thorough and tidy job, and had many years experience in what they were doing.  I’d found out recently when getting some corner bricks replaced that we no longer had effective if any cavity wall insulation.  I approached them and found that the installation costs were paid through a scheme run locally by our council but paid for by energy companies.  What’s not to like.  Since then many of our neighbours have also had it done, as the estate is 30+ years old and we’ve none of us got effective insulation.  That came as quite a surprise.

When the final paperwork came through there was a notification from SSE that they had bought the ECO savings through the ECO supply chain.

Until then I had not heard of the ECO Scheme.

I’m looking forward to seeing if it makes any difference to the bills.

Userlevel 2

I live in Scotland and I've been trying to get a gas boiler and radiators for over a year after I was accepted on ECO3. The company who was meant to fit my boiler told me to sign up to British Gas to get a first-time meter, which was fitted in February, and then they took their time, ECO3 ended, and I've been waiting for news for months. I'm now stuck on this 3-year contract as British Gas needed me to sign up to a tariff to get my gas meter installed. I've been paying standing charges for half a year now with no gas appliances and there is a big exit fee should I end the tariff early.

I managed to get in touch with one of their directors this week, and it turns out the company is in the middle of shutting down. So, the company basically told me to get hooked up to the gas grid, didn't contact me for half a year, and left me with gas tariff standing charges and no gas appliances. This all seems unfair but I don't know what to do about it. My feeling is that the shutting-down company who told me to get on the gas grid before they can install the boiler has some responsibility here, but I've no idea what route to go down to get my money back (so far £60 in standing charges + an incoming £75 exit fee). I know I probably won't get anything, but maybe it's worth a try. Any advice? Do you know who I can contact? Should I not bother and just take the fees?

I would start with OFGEM or the Citizens advice, Look to switch your gas and electric and the new company will sort it all out if you explain to them.

Hope this helps.