Competition

Community members - it's competition time!

Community members - it's competition time!
Userlevel 7

Fancy winning one of five £250 vouchers to jazz up your home and garden? Then grab your camera and get weather watching!

The best snaps of our fickle (yet powerful!) “Great British Weather” will win. For entry details and T&Cs, head to our blog

For inspiration, here’s our new TV ad celebrating how our rather unpredictable weather is mighty enough to power our homes:

If you’ve got a photo contender, and you do enter this competition, why not share the photo you submitted as a comment below?

Best of luck!

9 replies

Userlevel 7

To get the ball rolling, I thought I’d share a photo of me, on top of Pen y Fan:

The fog was all around us, the wind was rushing up and over the ridge, right across me from right to left. Powerful stuff, but it did rather spoil the (apparently) fantastic views from the top of Pen Y Fan

Do one of our Plan Zero Legends, @Transparent @Blastoise186 or our moderator, @Jess_OVO have any photos showing our fickle (yet powerful!) “Great British Weather”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, I don’t have any of my own that I can think of.

But I did manage to fix your image a bit, so that you no longer have fog to worry about! XD

I definitely think it captures @Tim_OVO ‘s best side. Do you agree?

Go Go Gadget No More Fog Machine 2000!

:rofl:

As for how I did it? Magic! Don’t blame me, blame Magnetmite!

A much improved version of Tim methinks. :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, but just a heads up by the way.

While it’s perfectly cool with us to pull off silly pranks like this on the forum with the photos you share on this thread, please make sure you don’t edit any photos you actually submit to the competition itself! If you do, then I’m afraid they’ll probably be disqualified.

Which is exactly why I “improved” Tim’s image with my own version, cuz neither version can be submitted anyway! XD

Userlevel 7

Go Go Gadget No More Fog Machine 2000!

Oh my would you look at that coat, v cool! Wish I had one of those…..

I can think of a @Transparent photo of their roof that shows the power of weather…. :joy:

(now all fixed I believe) 

Userlevel 6

A classic foggy mountain hike from @Tim_OVO - so any guesses as to what my favourite weather is?

:snowflake:

Gotta love a bit of snow to brighten everyone’s mood in winter and I can’t resist some sledging even if the snow was pretty patchy at this point!

Wanna work your magic and give it a fresh sprinkling of snow, @Blastoise186?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm… It’s not gonna be free @Jess_OVO !

Maybe this thread should be highlighted with that Hero Banner feature for a while? It might draw more attention that way. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think I may have slightly overcooked the snow. Just a little bit.

Whoops! lol

I don’t know if I’ve basically turned this thing into art somehow. But I think it’s a masterpiece personally…

There’s also a small possibility that the Amazingly Magical Trio might have heard about this thread… Perhaps… That is my “fee” for creating this stuff. XD

Give it a week or so and chances are the entire company will have seen this thread

Userlevel 6

Great artwork, @Blastoise186. Feels like an intergalactic sledging mission now!

Where’s your best weather shot then?:sunny::zap::cloud::cloud_snow::snowflake::cloud_tornado:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have any unfortunately! :(

Where I am, the weather is too stable and isn’t really doing anything interesting at the moment. Unless that changes, I’m afraid I’ve got nothing I can use.

That’s why I’ve been having fun with yours instead. XD