Solved

Smart Meter SIM - will the smart meter connect?

Last year British Gas attempted to install a Smart Meter but failed as the Vodafone SIM couldn't get a signal - there wasn't an option to connect through wifi

Is the OVO smart meter any different? Also, what happens to the smart meter when and if I leave OVO?

Colin
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 17 October 2017, 16:06

gasmenace wrote:

Last year British Gas attempted to install a Smart Meter but failed as the Vodafone SIM couldn't get a signal - there wasn't an option to connect through wifi

Is the OVO smart meter any different? Also, what happens to the smart meter when and if I leave OVO?

Colin

Hey gasmenace!

You can find more about how our meters communicate here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/smart-technology/smart-meters/how-do-my-smart-meters-communicate.html.

If the signal wasn’t strong enough for British Gas, it might be a similar situation if we tried to install our smart meters. Sometimes your smart electricity meter may have trouble communicating with us because of signal issues in your area. If so, we won’t be able to receive readings from your home. There are a few ways in which we might be able to help you resolve this issue but it depends on your circumstances, so it’s best to get in touch and ask us about this.r.

Hope this helps,
Lucy

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
gasmenace wrote:

Colin

Hey gasmenace!

You can find more about how our meters communicate here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/smart-technology/smart-meters/how-do-my-smart-meters-communicate.html.

If the signal wasn’t strong enough for British Gas, it might be a similar situation if we tried to install our smart meters. Sometimes your smart electricity meter may have trouble communicating with us because of signal issues in your area. If so, we won’t be able to receive readings from your home. There are a few ways in which we might be able to help you resolve this issue but it depends on your circumstances, so it’s best to get in touch and ask us about this.r.

Hope this helps,
Lucy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close