Smart meter availability

Userlevel 1
We changed from british gas to Ovo 13 months ago and for 13 months weve been waiting for smart meters to be put in they first said our wiring that feeds the meters needed sorting that was done 3 or 4 months ago ....i phone them regularly and they are full of appologies saying for some reason theres two accounts for our home ??? Im sorry but am now fed up with ovos excuses

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Fitzpatrick wrote:

We changed from british gas to Ovo 13 months ago and for 13 months weve been waiting for smart meters to be put in they first said our wiring that feeds the meters needed sorting that was done 3 or 4 months ago ....i phone them regularly and they are full of appologies saying for some reason theres two accounts for our home ??? Im sorry but am now fed up with ovos excuses

Firstly this sounds a nightmare - sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing.

Given what you've said my advise to resolve this without further delay would be to telephone OVO and request the lodge a formal complaint - let them know what you want to put this right.

From experience the complaints team are excellent at sorting things out.

Good luck and do keep us posted with how you get on
Userlevel 1
Done all the above many times Matt....theyve even told us that the problem has gone higher and still no resolve
When we phone they say ooh we can see how many times youve phoned !!!!! They promise to phone us back and dont....weve had 6/7 different dates only to be cancelled by ovo ???? We book luie days from work then Bang ! Cancelled again...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Fitzpatrick wrote:

Done all the above many times Matt....theyve even told us that the problem has gone higher and still no resolve
When we phone they say ooh we can see how many times youve phoned !!!!! They promise to phone us back and dont....weve had 6/7 different dates only to be cancelled by ovo ???? We book luie days from work then Bang ! Cancelled again...

My word this sounds horrendous.

From experience call centre staff don't like lodging the complaint - persistence is key here! I'd recommend asking for Natalie as she is ace.

Re missed visits your entitled to £30 for each cancelled appointment of cancelled within 24 hours, in any event you may have a case of outside 24 hour time window.

Failing the complaints team demand their final response letter and invite the Energy Ombudsman to investigate the matter.

Good luck
Userlevel 1
Yes ive had about £90 now im going to try and ring them again tomorrow thanks Matt
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Fitzpatrick wrote:

Yes ive had about £90 now im going to try and ring them again tomorrow thanks Matt

No worries

I had the exact same trouble myself and after lodging a complaint my meters where fitted without any further problems - must say was a nightmare to get the first line of defence to put me through to complaints. Always gets sorted when with complaints. They have better access and ability to schedule appointments (despite what they may say it's a fact I've observed)

hope tomorrow goes well!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close