SpeakEV forum is great - if you're a member, share with us!

SpeakEV forum is great - if you're a member, share with us!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I've been looking at the brilliant SpeakEV forum this week. It might not be as pretty on the eye as our forum, but there's lots of great content and very active members over there!

I bet some of you are members....? @PeterR1947 @Gif @Ajerthebadger @Peetee @ITGeek123 @NoPoke @falklandkid @UC Bear @Gum168 @JimTraynor @aaronr

If you are and you see anything that grabs your eye, why not share the URL with us here......? Maybe there's a discussion that you think we could have here off the back of something you see....

Maybe it could be a regular thing, a weekly feature where you share your fav EV discussion from that great community....... 🤔

19 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I am indeed! I’m “aaronr” there too. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge
Ditto I'm Mikecar there.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I was before I got rid of my Leaf 😢 I miss it so much.
Userlevel 3
Badge
My hubby is on there. He shows me threads often.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I've just got my own account, so I can look at more than just the BMWi3/Kona/Tesla posts passed on by hubby. That selection is actually quite funny. He wants a Tesla, would really like to pay Hyundai price, but we settled in the middle with BMW i3 😂😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Great to see so many of you as members of SpeakEV. 🙂

We want you guys to help by sharing new content on the forum to help share the EV love (and challenges of course)! I think we'd all love a Tesla @Gum168, having been in a few different ones at FullyCharged recently, they certainly have a lot of tech.

However I'm sure the i3 has plenty of good stuff to talk about? When I was at the FullyCharged event, a customer I spoke to said he'd tried the new all electric VW Golf, but was disappointed, as it was like driving an automatic Golf! He wanted something a bit more techie and with more gadgets!! Wondering what he'll end up with!

But anyway, we would love it as @Tim_OVO mentioned above, if you guys spot anything interesting on SpeakEV to create new topics in the EV area on our forum to share with others. It would be appreciated and allows you to share your interests and thoughts on Electric Vehicles. I will definitely be reading these as I really want an EV!

Look forward to seeing the new content you guys create to share on the forum! I know @aaronr has lots to talk about on this subject, he has a really smart Leaf, I was lucky enough to get a quick look at it during the VIP day. @ITGeek123 keep us posted on your journey back to EV!

Let's shout about EV's from the rooftops and help push forward the generation shift towards EV's!

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I've just got my own account

Ha I knew a lot of you would be members already!

Love it @Gum168 signing up on the day - easy process?

Yes re Darran, please all keep an eye on anything over there that you think we'll like to see!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Yes easy to sign up.

Personally I love my i3. But do regret paying for the active cruise control. Its rubbish, doesn't work on a bright sunny day, doesn't work on a cold morning, even with preconditioning on. So winter work mornings it doesn't work, and I drive east to work and west home. In other words, directly into the sun on the horizon. And can cut out unpredictably at times because we've gone under a bridge and then back out into sun!

Other than that one thing we love it. We got the rex, so we've been able to use it without range anxiety, although in reality it's very rare that we use that feature. Would def consider when it's time to change car.

I'll have a better browse at the weekend, just taking quick lunch break at work, busy, busy, busy.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am not a member, preferring in stead to post in the Kona EV Facebook groups .

However reading references to the BMW i3 I thought I would give a shout out for the Hyundai Kona.
Yesterday I charged to 100% on a free vend charger in the car park at the Queensgate centre in Peterborough and was delighted to see the predicted range of 322 miles, it was actually 323 miles at the outset but by the time I found a place to park to snap the image I had travelled a mile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Who's paying for that battery juice @Peetee ?

Great deal!
Userlevel 3
Badge
@Tim-OVO
Juice Tim is with the compliments of the car park.
Normal Car Park charges apply, at an outrageous £1.00 per hour 🙂, and l was pleased to see that the operators have taken steps to deter would be ICE cars with this novel approach.

Userlevel 3
Badge
Better seen here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
How on earth did you manage to move those? 😂

£1 an hour, free juice. DEAL 🚘
Userlevel 3
Badge
Similar story of free leccy in Leicester but the car park charges are higher :(

Userlevel 3
Badge
How on earth did you manage to move those? 😂

£1 an hour, free juice. DEAL 🚘

They look forbidding but are lightweight plastic. In fact my wife jumped out and moved the barrier to just under the charger.
Leave the park and pop it back.
Great idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Anyone seen much mention of our (or any other) smart chargers over on SpeakEV? @UC Bear @aaronr @Peetee ?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Over where ?

**@Peetee I think Tim meant over on SpeakEV**
Userlevel 4
Badge
I tend to concentrate on the kia e-niro area as that's the new car I ordered but don't expect delivery until March next year. I've seen mention of two other chargers but will now pay more attention and feedback as necessary.
Userlevel 4
Badge
The ChargedEV smart charger is identical to the OVO smart charger and uses the Kaluzza platform. Is there a relationship between ChargedEV and OVO?

Also the Myenergi Zappi charger already offers integration with solar energy. When will this be available on the OVO SmartCharger?