Solved

Is EV Everywhere, really available everywhere?

• 13 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I recently published Farewell King Coal which explains the story of air pollution and climate change. I've had solar panels for years and a hybrid car, but now I'm getting a fully electric car instead. As a long-standing OVO customer I have been very happy with the tariffs and ease of access to info but have noticed a slide into overstatement of advantages. The sales persons are apparently running the show rather than those motivated by climate issues. Now I find that the EV charger is not available in my area (Edinburgh) and anyway has not been available to current customers.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 16 April 2019, 14:44

HI @king coal,

Smart charger installations will be available for all existing customers (in Edinburgh and elsewhere) in the next week or so.

Thanks
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @king coal

We wouldn't be able to get a charger installed in under two weeks I'm afraid.

Existing customers will be able to sign up for a smart charger installation very soon, but we'd then need to check eligibility and complete a remote survey of the install location before pencilling in a date. It could be 4 to 6 weeks before the appointment itself goes ahead.

Thanks,
Nancy
Userlevel 6
Badge
HI @king coal,

Smart charger installations will be available for all existing customers (in Edinburgh and elsewhere) in the next week or so.

Thanks
Then you may be too late - the car is due to be delivered in 2 weeks. Have you got a quote?