Introducing Ourselves, our Nissan Leaf and ElectrAA

• 6 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi everyone,

I'm Stephen Bell, my partner is Sheila Joynes and we just received an email from Emily at OVO suggesting we come to the Forum and introduce ourselves.

We have owned our Nissan Leaf for four years, and we're OVO customers - eagerly awaiting Vehicle to Grid! (We're supposedly on the guinea pig list for V2G but have yet to hear when it might happen.)

Sheila and I are also founder members of ElectrAA - the Electric Automobile Association. ElectrAA exists to "Promote the use and enjoyment of Electric Vehicles" - basically to educate the public about the many advantages of EVs. We work with organisations such as Classic Car Shows to include EVs at events such as the Festival of Transport at Blenheim Palace and other similar events.

We also give talks to groups such as Business clubs, Probus Groups, WI, Rotary etc. We have had a great deal of success with these, probably the most notable being that the day after one such talk, the club secretary went out and bought a Leaf which he's since upgraded to the 2018 model.

Please do pass around the ElectrAA website address
www.electraa.org.uk

...where you will find a number of short, sharp, videos which answer many of the common questions about EV ownership. Here's an example . . .

We also published a 4 page A5 leaflet called "The Seven Most Common Myths About Electric Vehicles". If you would like some to pass around or just keep in your car to hand out to the people you talk to, drop us a line via the website, give us your address and say how many you would like.

Contact us through the website if we can be of any help in promoting the wonders of Electric Vehicles.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @Stephen Bell
Please keep chatting to each other and sharing your experiences with your EV's, it's the future!

Thanks Darren.

I would agree with you except for one thing - to us, this is not the future, it's very much the present - and indeed, the past four years.

The presentation we give is called "Four Years with a Leaf" and tells the story of us pretty much being pioneers in the realm of electric vehicles. Four years ago, chargers were far more scattered than they are now, yet we still did 800 mile touring holidays in a vehicle with a realistic range of 90 miles. (Cost for that trip by the way was £6 - and even that was actually later refunded!)

See the road trip videos at https://www.electraa.org.uk/roadtrips .

Cheers,
Stephen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Stephen Bell

Wow this is fantastic! I will be sure to follow your page and support you in anyway possible. I am currently a 24Kw Leaf owner with my girlfriend owning a Renault Zoe 22Kw.

Please take a look at my story - https://forum.ovoenergy.com/owning-an-ev-87/my-transition-from-petrol-to-ev-1892

I would recommend you setup a Twitter account (Unless I missed it?) This way you can expand your audience with the Hashtags and tagging. It really does help.

I look forward to supporting you :-)

Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Stephen Bell

Great to see you posting about your EV experiences!! This is awesome!

We have a few fellow Leaf owners on the forum, @ITGeek123 and @Brummiejon for example!!

Please keep chatting to each other and sharing your experiences with your EV's, it's the future!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Stephen Bell yes agreed for you it's very much the norm for you now, but for many people it still feels like the future.

However, there are more and more articles in the news about EV's and the increasing sales, it's really encouraging.

@ITGeek123 posted this recently!!

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/owning-an-ev-87/electric-vehicle-sales-surge-in-uk-as-fuel-prices-rise-2257

Darran