Solved

Will I get termination fees if I upgrade contract from Better to 2-year Fixed?

• 21 February 2019
  • 3 replies

my existing contract doesn’t end until September this year. Can I upgrade to a new two year contract now which costs slightly more per month without having to pay exit fees on my existing one.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 25 February 2019, 16:00

my existing contract doesn’t end until September this year. Can I upgrade to a new two year contract now which costs slightly more per month without having to pay exit fees on my existing one.

Great question, @Stan - as my new title for this topic suggests, it depends on your plan.

If you're 'upgrading' your tariff, from Better (1 year) to a 2-Year, this would be without any termination fees.

If you went the other way, or went from one Better tariff to another, or one 2-year fixed tariff to another, this wouldn't be an upgrade and you would get termination fees applies, £30 per fuel.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Great question, @Stan - as my new title for this topic suggests, it depends on your plan.

If you're 'upgrading' your tariff, from Better (1 year) to a 2-Year, this would be without any termination fees.

If you went the other way, or went from one Better tariff to another, or one 2-year fixed tariff to another, this wouldn't be an upgrade and you would get termination fees applies, £30 per fuel.

Can I move tariffs within OVO without getting exit fees ?

Userlevel 5

Take  a look at Tim’s best answer for help with this, @No Smart Meter. If you wanted to go to our EV Everywhere tariff you wouldn’t be charged exit fees to leave either tariff!