Solved

Will choosing the OVO Green energy tariff help the EPC rating on my property?

• 4 April 2018
  • 2 replies

I am thinking of switching to The OVO Green Energy Tariff,using the Green Energy 100% add on.
Will this improve the EPC rating on my property..
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 11 April 2018, 18:57

@DAVEM

Good afternoon to you :)

There are a whole range of ways and tips at the energy saving trust website,

You may be able to access finance thru the Green Deal inititive to make improvements that would help your EPG, and there are also a range of grants available for cavity wall and loft insulation, they are often worth calling on their freephone 0300 123 1234 (Alternative number for Scotland - 0808 808 2282)

They are open until 8pm.

May I also say please do sign up for the OVO Green Tarrif, guilt free electricity that can only encourage all companies to invest in renewables, OVO's green tarrif is exceptional value for money given other companies charge anything up to 40% more a year just for going green,

Also they plant 5 trees a year for each you are signed up to it :)

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards,

Bumblebee 🙂
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
No. Green energy may limit global warming but it doesn’t make your home a more efficient user of energy.

Energy Performance Certificates report on your property’s inherent energy efficiency in terms of its draught-proofing, insulation, glazing and LED light fixtures. Even solar panels will not result in a better EPC rating.

Householders who set their thermostats to save energy would have no effect on their property’s EPC either.

And, don’t forget that Energy Performance Certificates currently cost between £60 to £120 for each reassessment.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@DAVEM

Good afternoon to you :)

There are a whole range of ways and tips at the energy saving trust website,

You may be able to access finance thru the Green Deal inititive to make improvements that would help your EPG, and there are also a range of grants available for cavity wall and loft insulation, they are often worth calling on their freephone 0300 123 1234 (Alternative number for Scotland - 0808 808 2282)

They are open until 8pm.

May I also say please do sign up for the OVO Green Tarrif, guilt free electricity that can only encourage all companies to invest in renewables, OVO's green tarrif is exceptional value for money given other companies charge anything up to 40% more a year just for going green,

Also they plant 5 trees a year for each you are signed up to it :)

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards,

Bumblebee 🙂