Solved

Why is OVO saying they will only give £599 total refund when we’re over £1000 in credit?

• 17 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Applied for refund but will only pay just over half back WHY?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 19 December 2018, 12:48

Hi @Beastie,

If you’ve got a traditional meter and you’re requesting a refund that totals more than £599 over the last 3 months, you’ll need to take photos which clearly show the meter reading and meter serial number, then send them to us at hello@ovoenergy.com.

We need to make sure your up to date reading is correct before issuing a large refund, and just double check there haven't been any errors or inconsistencies in your billing.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

5 replies

I have over £600 in credit and i have received a statement only 5 days ago and both my meter readings were taken 6 days ago, however when i click on "apply for a refund" it isn't working??
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Beastie,

If you’ve got a traditional meter and you’re requesting a refund that totals more than £599 over the last 3 months, you’ll need to take photos which clearly show the meter reading and meter serial number, then send them to us at hello@ovoenergy.com.

We need to make sure your up to date reading is correct before issuing a large refund, and just double check there haven't been any errors or inconsistencies in your billing.

Thanks,
Nancy
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @mnicholson118 - I've moved your post onto this topic where you should be able to find the info you need.

Cheers
Thanks..: I have smart meters though!
Userlevel 2
Brilliant, @mnicholson118. If you have Smart meter then we won't need to send a photo. If you would like a refund over £599 then you can call our Customer Service team on 0330 303 5063 then they'll be able to action the refund for you!