Solved

Why is my meter reading on my bill different to the one I submitted?

• 22 December 2018
  • 1 reply

The meter readings I submit seem to be generally less than those shown on my subsequent Statement- there may be a simple explanation for this but I would like to no what it is.

When I renewed my contract in July 2018 my new rates were 15.68p per kWhr for electricity and 3.51p for gas. Comparing these with my friend who renewed in April 2018 his rates are 12.65p for electricity and 2,78p for gas- a massive increase of around over 20%. Similar increases apply to electricity and standing charges. The Tariff name is Better Energy March 2018 which is the same as my friend.

My question is how can there be such a difference in a similar product and what advice can you give me to secure a better deal with OVO at the appropriate time.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 31 December 2018, 12:59

Hi @mikeharg,

Sounds like your friend renewed when our prices were lower. Prices can change depending on the wholesale costs of gas and electricity, and the costs of delivering it to your home. If your renewal offer is higher than your friend's, this means our prices have changed since they renewed so those prices are no longer available.

If you can upload a photo of your bill onto this thread, we can have a look at what's going on with your meter readings.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @mikeharg,

Sounds like your friend renewed when our prices were lower. Prices can change depending on the wholesale costs of gas and electricity, and the costs of delivering it to your home. If your renewal offer is higher than your friend's, this means our prices have changed since they renewed so those prices are no longer available.

If you can upload a photo of your bill onto this thread, we can have a look at what's going on with your meter readings.

Thanks,
Nancy