Solved

Why has my renewal contract started before my old contract ended?

• 17 August 2019
  • 1 reply

My current fixed term contract ends on October 3rd and after being prompted by your email, I have chosen a new 2 year fixed tariff. My understanding from the information on your website and this forum is that my new contract won't commence until my current one ends, so October 4th. Despite this my OVO account is saying it has already switched over. This isn't good as the prices have obviously gone up and I don't want to pay the increase until I have to. Can someone please explain what has happened, and correct this?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 20 August 2019, 16:00

Hi @RichF

It's unlikely that your contract will have started straight away! If the end date is the 4th October, then this is when it should change. Unfortunately I can't see your account from here, but if you'd like us to double check, just give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @RichF

It's unlikely that your contract will have started straight away! If the end date is the 4th October, then this is when it should change. Unfortunately I can't see your account from here, but if you'd like us to double check, just give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps!