Solved

Why does your PDF statement indicate I am on a fixed tariff that changes in price?

• 26 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Received my alert to renew my plan ending Feb 2019.
As seems often the case with OVO, when I spend time checking documents I am left baffled.
This time I find the pdf gives contradictory rates for my present tariff.

This was a fixed rate plan for which OVO has just given me 2 different present day tariffs for both day and night units and also different standing charges.
I ma utterly confused, and have already wasted an hour of my precious holiday time.
I have to ask, what am I missing? I try to follow what should be simple English, but am at a loss to understand the document. 😟
I do actually read the documentation, but I feel unable to proceed because I am unale to reconcile the information that OVO has just provided .

My pdf states the following
  • Our cheapest overall electricity tariff
  • 2 Year Fixed Energy - Economy 7
  • You're already on our cheapest overall tariff
Then the table gives details of
  • Your current plan
  • Electricity unit price Day (per kWh) 15.45p
  • Electricity unit price Night (per kWh) 8.58p
  • Electricity standing charge (per day) 27.40p
Then the pdf states the following
  • Your current tariff information……….About your electricity tariff:
  • (MPAN) 1013039280068
  • Tariff name 2 Year Fixed Energy -
  • Economy 7 20 March 2018
  • Unit rate (Day) 16.22p per kWh (inc VAT)
  • Unit rate (Night) 9.01p per kWh (inc VAT)
  • Standing Charge 28.77p per day (inc VAT)
  • Tariff ends on 8 February 2019
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 31 December 2018, 14:38

There's a pretty simple answer to this, @andym2! The first lot of prices you've listed above are the prices not including VAT (which is 5% on energy). The bottom set of prices includes VAT.

The easiest way to check whether you're looking at costs including or excluding VAT is by checking the standing charge. If you can see it says 28.77p, this is the cost including VAT and therefore all the other unit rates will be too. If you see 27.4p, this indicates you're looking at prices not including VAT.

Hope this helps!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge
There's a pretty simple answer to this, @andym2! The first lot of prices you've listed above are the prices not including VAT (which is 5% on energy). The bottom set of prices includes VAT.

The easiest way to check whether you're looking at costs including or excluding VAT is by checking the standing charge. If you can see it says 28.77p, this is the cost including VAT and therefore all the other unit rates will be too. If you see 27.4p, this indicates you're looking at prices not including VAT.

Hope this helps!